Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 2
The Legacy Challenge Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you tried the Legacy Challenge?
  Yes!
  No...
  Yes, but I didn't like it.
  No, but I think I'll try it!
  Miew?
View Results

Toxic Kiss_x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:10 pm
eek ME TRY!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:02 am
haha, I'm trying, I really am! but my legacy starter is a Young Adult in college and... it's very difficult for her to meet someone without getting in a bad mood or falling behind in her classes.  

lionantlers12066

9,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

athena08905

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:54 pm
Kittyprincess190
I have a question... I read something about there being an heir or heiress, do you choose which kid that is, or is it the first born one...

from what I took from the rules and such from the site or what-not, you choose the child...when I did my legacy(whichI never finished because I got seasons and got distracted with making a new family) the child I chose to be the heir/heiress, I wrote in their biography/thing so I wouldn't forget razz  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:02 pm
Ok... What the hell is Legacy Challenge?  

Markyeo

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:32 pm
Markyeo
Ok... What the hell is Legacy Challenge?

If you read the first post you would know. Its a challenge that some Simmers set themselves.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:15 pm
I do, but the thing is, I can never stick to one legacy. I have like, 4 going on. I usually read really popular legacy stories to get my inspiration going on. xd
With my short attention span, it's probably not a good idea to try an alphabet legacy. But I did.

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:32 pm
I started a legacy family almost a month ago, but I haven't gotten very far. I take a lot of breaks. I took a lot of pictures using the camera option (basically just pressing C), but I can't seem to find them, so I hope you don't mind me telling my story here (making a website would be boring without the pictures).

It started with my very pretty sim, Margaret. She started in a one-room shack with only the bare minimum needed to survive. Looking for suitors was fairly difficult, and she ended up hitting on several male sims to get the ball rolling. Finally, I found one who seemed perfect- Sanjay. Or, rather, she found him, because she brought him home for work.

After seeing Margaret fall for him, I decided that he had some fairly nice features and decided to move him in. Unfortunately, he only came with ONE DOLLAR and was already married! It was too late, I decided, so I just went with it. I eventually upgraded their one-room shack into a two-room shack, the new room being a bathroom so people wouldn't leave the house for shy sims.

One night, I decided to let them have a bit of fun, but I'm pretty sure I left a risky woohoo mod on (I'm too lazy to disable it), and Margaret got pregnant. I freaked out (and so did she, poor thing, throwing up all the time), because the family was still poor. However, I was able to add on an actual bedroom and a baby room.

Well, as my game progressed, they became richer. Finally, after a good decision at work, we came upon some good money and I tore everything down and built an actual house. 3nodding Lily grew up extremely well (not to mention was a very beautiful young woman), earning straight A+s in school. Margaret then became pregnant again, and gave birth to a new girl, Emma Anne. I planned the pregnancy so Margaret would get vacation days during her pregnancy, and then when she gave birth, she had two days off already, so she didn't need vacation time. I didn't need to hire a nanny that way. 3nodding

Once Emma became a toddler, I went and played Lily all through college. She got on the dean's list every single semester, so I moved her into her own house at the university and she found Houston Johnson. They seemed to be an absolutely perfect match, so she had her first kiss and messed around for the first time. Lily graduated and moved back into the house, bringing a whopping 20k home (which I plan to spend on the house), and I plan on having her stay home to care for her baby sister, Emma.

When Emma becomes a child, I'm going to let Lily get a job in her dream career and marry Houston. I'll hire a nanny and keep her blocked in somewhere out of the way, so I don't get in trouble with social services and Emma can just take care of herself. Once Margaret and Sanjay become old and achieve their dream jobs, I'm going to let them retire and take care of Lily's future children. Emma will either move out or become a family maid, taking care of everything. However, I'm thinking that Lily should progress very quickly through the job ladder, since the family has a lot of friends when combined, and I looked up the stats and tried to heap them up as much as possible while Lily was still in college. Because of that, I'm planning on waiting until she has reached that stage (possibly using elixirs) before she has children.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:52 am
I want to start a legacy, but I've got this fascination with the people who actually post their legacies on like, Livejournal or something. I can't just do the legacy for myself; I'd have to do the whole screencaps and funny comments thing...

Perhaps it's just because if I'm left to my own devices, I'll either:

a; cheat.
b; lose track of who's who and what's what and what's needed to happen.
c; lose interest in something no one really cares about.
d; all of the above.  

Julia Dream

Demon Days

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:48 pm
I just started mine. I even made a LJ (Add me!).

First person's name is Waverly Ringer, and here's a little preview:

User Image

The only thing I really hate about Legacy is that you can't use CC furniture. It's frustrating!

(I feel like 10x smarter now that I got the camera mod and started using Picnik. Teehee.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:32 am
Thank you! I've been trying to figure out what this Legacy thing was for a long time.

I really want to try this.  

Random by Nature

The Sims 2

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas