Submit

hey
  hi!!
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:45 pm
Anyone here celebrates it?
For my family it's not a big thing. We never celebrated it really but then my aunt decided we can hold 'get together' on this day which is just a family hangout no huge meal. More like a buffet meal...our kind of food. Maybe turkey...but that's usually replaced with Chicken. Doesn't look like we're doing it this year though. Guess she's too busy so we'll just hangout with a family get together.

Anyone's family goes all out? Do you celebrate it in your culture or where you live?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:18 pm
Yes.....my family has the tradition of over-eating and watching the parades on Thanksgiving.

My favorite part are the desserts....and sweet potatoes. ^_^  

0Moon_Maiden0

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:31 pm
I usually watch the Macy's parade but I missed it last year.

We're probably just going to have my step-brother and maybe his girlfriend if she's still in town over for dinner.
His girlfriend is really sweet so she's part of the family now.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:23 pm
My mom already bought a huge turkey. eek
We always have Thanksgiving, and its always big.
It was my uncle's favorite holiday, I always think of him then.

Super Mega Nope
Crew

kawaiitanpopo

Distinct Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:42 pm
My immediate family always spends Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family. We have the typical American Thanksgiving--turkey and all. I don't think I am going to join them this year for personal reasons. I don't know where I am going for Thanksgiving at the moment.

The day after Thanksgiving is the big parade downtown and my cousins and I (with a couple aunts) go and watch it. After the parade, we always go shopping downtown. I don't think I am going to do that with them this year, either, but I will surely be doing that on my own so I can skip the parade and hit up the shopping while everyone is at the parade!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:23 pm
Sometimes my family goes to my grandma's house. Other than that, we don't really have any traditions.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:41 am
We don't celebrate it in England (i guess bonfire night acts as the autumn event instead) - which is a shame. To me it looks like a big Christmas-style dinner, which is awesome *begs for morsels*

That said, I dunno if for me thanksgiving dinner would detract from the specialness of xmas dinner  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:50 am
Everywhere is decorated and people are buying presents! Uhm, my family would spent a customary night at my grands, lots of food (i mean like ALOT). But I dont like it so yea.
Then one more at my aunts! With all my 5 aunts and many cousins biggrin Thats real fun! Lots of food, chatterings and presents and photos and fun biggrin
I guess events like these are just perfect excuse for family get togethers blaugh

Fate-J

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff