FRESNEL, YOU PIECE OF s**t! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:38 pm
Three THOUSAND dollars?! This thing better come with a lifetime warranty and all the accessories it's shown with.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:42 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Three THOUSAND dollars?! This thing better come with a lifetime warranty and all the accessories it's shown with.

haha, no... The scope alone would cost about half of that if not more, the bi-pod would be about another hundred, and it DOES come with a lifetime warranty as does all SA firearms  

Freak_090
Captain

Ms Truffle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:48 pm
Requiem in Mortis
I'm pretty sure it's a better quality M1A than that of which the Marines use as a DMR. Well worth the price in my opinion, plus I plan on collecting a good 6-7 rifles in the next 5 years.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:06 pm
Sorry, but no, The M21 IS what the military is using as a DMR.
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn09-e.htm  

Freak_090
Captain

Ms Truffle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:18 pm
Freak_090
Somewhere, I remember it saying that the DMR was basically a national match M14 with an adjustable stock, while the M21 sold by SA is a Super Match with adjustable stock.

May be wrong, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:52 pm
Shrantics Pretentious Ego
Freak_090
Somewhere, I remember it saying that the DMR was basically a national match M14 with an adjustable stock, while the M21 sold by SA is a Super Match with adjustable stock.

May be wrong, though.
The M21 and USMC DMR are not the same firearms.
The DMR is built and used by the USMC, and is as you said a modified M14.

Thdark

Ms Truffle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:16 pm
Thdark
Freak_090

May be wrong, though.
Though what the hell anyone would be using the automatic fire option for on an M14 is beyond me.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:47 pm
Thdark
Freak_090

May be wrong, though.
Though what the hell anyone would be using the automatic fire option for on an M14 is beyond me.
Suppressing fire when it's the only gun you have pointed in the direction you need it.

7.62mm High Calibre has taught me much in the way of modern military tactics.

ETA: Works better in theory than in practice though, because of the awkward nature of the M14's selector switch.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Ms Truffle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:51 pm
Fresnel
Thdark
Freak_090

May be wrong, though.
Suppressing fire when it's the only gun you have pointed in the direction you need it.

An M14 on full auto can lay down just about as much suppressing fire as an Anti-Air Cannon. Even some of the best soldiers couldn't control it on full auto.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:54 pm
Fresnel
Thdark
Freak_090

May be wrong, though.

An M14 on full auto can lay down just about as much suppressing fire as an Anti-Air Cannon. Even some of the best soldiers couldn't control it on full auto.
Who said anything about controlling it? Are you gonna risk sticking your head up on the off chance that he's not going to get lucky? Do YOU feel lucky? Nobody's willing to poke their head up and risk that. That's the point of suppressing fire. After the fourth shot or so, the shooter can get it back in generally the right area, and at that point all bets are off. It's not shooting to kill, it's shooting to make the other dude s**t his pants and duck. I've learned most military tactics these days can be summed up with "STOP AIMING AT ME!"  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Ms Truffle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:56 pm
Fresnel
Fresnel
Thdark

Who said anything about controlling it? Are you gonna risk sticking your head up on the off chance that he's not going to get lucky? Do YOU feel lucky? Nobody's willing to poke their head up and risk that. That's the point of suppressing fire. After the fourth shot or so, the shooter can get it back in generally the right area, and at that point all bets are off. It's not shooting to kill, it's shooting to make the other dude s**t his pants and duck. I've learned most military tactics these days can be summed up with "STOP AIMING AT ME!"
But that's the point- there's suppressing fire and then there's aiming too damn high to be any threat to anyone on the battle field. The automatic setting on an M14 falls into the latter category.

Besides- what the hell is a designated marksman doing using suppressing fire anyhoo? The point of a DM is to lay down accurate long range rapid fire, in'nit?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:32 am
Fresnel
Fresnel
Thdark

But that's the point- there's suppressing fire and then there's aiming too damn high to be any threat to anyone on the battle field. The automatic setting on an M14 falls into the latter category.

Besides- what the hell is a designated marksman doing using suppressing fire anyhoo? The point of a DM is to lay down accurate long range rapid fire, in'nit?
Honestly, I think you have to break the .40 caliber mark on rifle calibers before the gun is completely uncontrollable for the entire magazine, past the first couple shots. You might toss the first four or five, but you'll get it back on target before you run dry.

But when he's the only one with a free gun, it doesn't hurt to give him the capability to suppress.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:14 pm
Fresnel
I'm imagining something along the lines of "ROBOT HOOOOUSE!"
"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."

I lol'd.

A lot.

Don't dis on the M21 too bad, guys, it's great with a suppressor and a heartbeat sensor for taking out armed guards in a blizzard at a Russian military airfield.

Duh.

-Darth Vader: The Original Trilogy

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas