Welcome to Gaia! ::

おはようございます!!! A Japanese Learning Guild~ Open!

Back to Guilds

This is a guild where you learn and teach Japanese! There's roleplays, lessons, contests and more!This is also for people who love japan ! 

Tags: Japanese, learning, teaching, roleplays 

Reply にほん Lessons~
Chapter いち - Knowing Your Alphabet! Hiragana Cheat Sheet

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

givenchi
Crew

Tipsy Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm
Chapter One - Knowing Your Alphabet!

Welcome to Learning Hiragana Chapter One! In this section, we will be focusing on the Hiragana alphabet, featuring some notes for you to learn with. Tests will be given separately to each chapter, just PM S u f f e r i n g L o v e, and he can quiz you!

Notes There are 5 vowels in the Japanese language. (a), pronounced "ahh", (i), pronounced like "e" in "eat", (u), pronounced like "oo" in "soon", (e), pronounced like "e" in "elk", and (o), pronounced "oh". All Hiragana characters end with one of these vowels, with the exception of (n). The only "consonant" that does not resemble that of English is the Japanese "r". It is slightly "rolled" as if it were a combination of a "d", "r", and "l".

あ a
い i
う u
え e
お o
か ka
き ki
く ku
け ke
こ ko
が ga
ぎ gi
ぐ gu
げ ge
ご go
さ sa
し shi
す su
せ se
そ so
ざ za
じ ji
ず zu
ぜ ze
ぞ zo
た ta
ち chi
つ tsu
て te
と to
だ da
ぢ ji
づ zu
で de
ど do
な na
に ni
ぬ nu
ね ne
の no
は ha
ひ hi
ふ fu
へ he
ほ ho
ば ba
び bi
ぶ bu
べ be
ぼ bo
ぱ pa
ぴ pi
ぷ pu
ぺ pe
ぽ po
ま ma
み mi
む mu
め me
も mo
や ya
ゆ yu
よ yo
ら ra
り ri
る ru
れ re
ろ ro
わ wa
を wo
ん n/m

Exceptions:
1. は (ha) is pronounced "wa" when it immediately follows the topic of the sentence. It is usually only pronounced "ha" when it is part of a word.
2. へ (he) is pronounced "e" when it immediately follows a place or direction. Both of these are very simple to detect.

Note:
You probably noticed that there are 2 "zu" and 2 "ji". づ (zu) and ぢ (ji) are very rarely used. づ (zu) only occurs when there is a つ (tsu) in front of it like in つづく (tsuzuku - to continue) or when a Kanji (Chinese character) that starts with つ (tsu) is paired at the end with another character changing the つ (tsu) to a づ (zu). The same applies for ぢ (ji). Since they are used so rarely I wouldn't worry about them too much. I will let you know whenever we come upon a word in which they are used.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:36 pm
The D sound has it’s own... it is notunder らりるれろ.
its だぢづでど、ごめんね。  

Garnet Guardian

Lelouchsz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:39 pm
I agree with Uke o-o  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:45 pm
I was not finished editing my post. I still needed to edit my post.
Which I am still editing.  

givenchi
Crew

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Garnet Guardian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:53 pm
<Nice use of the website with all that hiragana/exceptions,(wa and e) I know that site was helpful for me too ^^>  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:00 pm
<>  

givenchi
Crew

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Garnet Guardian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:03 pm
S u f f e r i n g L o v e
<>

It is a good cheat sheet... But it is not the most efficient way of teaching it... For it only gives minuscule information.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:05 pm
Ukesagi
<>

It is a good cheat sheet... But it is not the most efficient way of teaching it... For it only gives minuscule information.

I wasn't completely done writing the notes. I should write 'editing' in the title. XD  

givenchi
Crew

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Garnet Guardian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:12 pm
Ukesagi
<>

I wasn't completely done writing the notes. I should write 'editing' in the title. XD

Keeping it would be fine: It is a great Cheat Sheet. Just edit the title making it 'HIRAGANA CHEAT SHEET' or something.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:36 pm
もお
moo X3  

Kitsters

6,600 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
にほん Lessons~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash