Submit

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:24 am
OK, you know what today is. Time to get out and beat the great unwashed to all those slightly marked down loss leading items in hopes of saving some money on your Xmas spending.

So, I bought myself a new computer for a pathetic $100 off, which didn't even cover the sales tax on it. But I needed a more powerful and bigger monitor for my Photoshop work.

Well, what all did you manage to buy this year? Make that list and check it twice. Or the Evil Santabot will come and kill you!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:56 pm
I didn't really see anything worth running over either. I did pick up a clock radio and some 100' of garland that was half off, but I think it was like that anyways.

I also got a barely used blackhawk drop leg holster for $40.  

Man of the Demoneye

OO23OO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:16 pm
Left 4 Dead 2 -$35
Gray button up with black stripes- $12
White button up- $16
Two tee-shirts for Erin- $30
The Mummy 3, Shoot 'em Up, Drag Me To Hell- $16
Case Closed DVD with six episodes- $8
Blue Raspberry Dutch Ice- $3.50
I think that's everything.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:10 pm
I didn't buy anything, because I'm here on Lake Tahoe.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:00 pm
I do all my Christmas shopping online. But I did see a line of morons stretched all around to the back of Toys R Us, and a smaller, less moronic line in front of Best Buy, sitting in folding chairs with snuggies. That was around 10 o'clock and they were waiting for 4 am openings.

lol

Glad I'm not them.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:36 pm
After the money i poured into this computer i will never buy a pre-made computer again. Thats why despite the urge to just buy one, i am saving up for my laptop that can be on equal with my desktop.

Plus the fact my over exessive need for more power is going to lead me to basically scrap every part of my current computer except the hard drive, power supply, graphics card, the disc drive and the all in one card reader. I'm going to need a new motherboard with at least two PCI-express slots so i can have two GE-force 9600s running, if i get the money, a corei7 processor and 4gbs of ddr3 ram.

And i will have all except probably just one 9600 equivilant in my laptop. So yeah it is gonna be a good chunk of money. If i don't go the core i7s with the computers its gonna be quad cores and then i will have to buy more motherboards later when i switch to i7 because they are different sockets.  

war_junky 91

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:12 pm
I was PLANNING on pulling targets for cash today, but nobody was hiring. So my brother and I went to Fry's Electronics and ended up buying a 2TB SATA drive. $130, bitches. One-day-only sale. It was surprisingly quiet for Black Friday, but it was also 9AM on a work day. I was GOING to buy a phone, but my dad's being a b***h about it. My current one has a shattered hinge, but he doesn't want to get into another contract, so he's forcing me to buy a broken phone of the same model and cannibalize the hinge. I guess it works, but instead of getting a shiny new phone tomorrow, I get a POS next week, AND I have to disassemble it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:45 pm
OO23OO
Left 4 Dead 2 -$35

Is that L4D2 for PC or xbox?

Also,
CASE CLOSED!!!
I loved staying up till 4 in the morning to watch that show, and on school nights I went to bed at 8 to wake up at 4 to watch it.  

OberFeldwebel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:46 pm
LOL new post at top of page.
LOLWUT?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:33 am
OberFeldwebel
OO23OO
Left 4 Dead 2 -$35

Also,
CASE CLOSED!!!
I loved staying up till 4 in the morning to watch that show, and on school nights I went to bed at 8 to wake up at 4 to watch it.

You watched it, too? I loved it, and when it started coming on at 4 I was really pissed. So I actually had the episodes taped every morning.

Ah... tapes. There's something you never see anymore.  

ArmasTermin

Ubasti

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:47 am
I did not participate in Black Friday, but I did buy the Codename: Panzers Commander's Edition the day before Thanksgiving. Tis' enough for me, except that the Phase 2 mission editor doesn't seem to want to work. Assistance?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:22 pm
Fresnel
I was PLANNING on pulling targets for cash today, but nobody was hiring. So my brother and I went to Fry's Electronics and ended up buying a 2TB SATA drive. $130, bitches. One-day-only sale. It was surprisingly quiet for Black Friday, but it was also 9AM on a work day. I was GOING to buy a phone, but my dad's being a b***h about it. My current one has a shattered hinge, but he doesn't want to get into another contract, so he's forcing me to buy a broken phone of the same model and cannibalize the hinge. I guess it works, but instead of getting a shiny new phone tomorrow, I get a POS next week, AND I have to disassemble it.

I didn't see this post.
2TB drive for $130?!! WHERE WAS I?

RAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE

I so could have used that.
I really need to back up all my stuff and reformat and switch to Windows over 9000.

Now that you mention it Armas I think I remember it being at 3:00 once.
Had some show... Blue something, it had aliens and mechs on a planet, Cowboy bebop and Full Metal Alchemist.
Ahh... back when [adultswim] had more than two good shows.  

OberFeldwebel

OO23OO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:44 pm
OberFeldwebel
OO23OO
Left 4 Dead 2 -$35

My computer would melt if I tried to play any game more complex than the original Wolfenstein on it.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games