Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Great time skeet shooting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:06 pm
Today me, my dad, and a lot of friends of the family all went out and had about four hours of skeet shooting. Holy crap was it fun. After we all had our fun warming up we played some annie oakley. My dad won the first three rounds he shot in, then lost one and won two more after that lol, and everybody that was in payed a dollar so he got around $40 out of it lol minus the payment for the matches we lost, he payed my way in, i didn't have any ones. lol

Some great fun is we had two rounds where people once we played the dusting rule. If you are not familiar with it. Its when the person hits the pigeon but if the next shooter takes a shot and breaks a remaining piece they knock out the first shooter. One round first guy got the shot, and the pigeon was basically split in half, so perfect for the dusting rule and the 2nd guy got the piece. The 2nd time the first guy missed the shot, 2nd guy got the pigeon but the first guy came around and dusted a piece and won. It was hilarious and a ton of fun.

The first round we all played i was fifth in line and i wasn't expecting to get a shot so i was paying half assed attention, sure enough, the first four miss and i just let the pigeon fall because it takes me too long to realize, wait, they all did miss! lol

We also had a lot of people that don't like to pump after firing. We had at least three times i remember guys went to fire with spent shells in the chamber lol. One guy had a hell of a time with his gun, he needed to oil it probably, but he kept having duds when firing.

At one point one guy had a sig he brought out and we propped up an empty pigeon box in the field to shoot it at. They went through about two mags and they left the box out there. And well a lot of people let loose on that box after they had lost in one of the matches lol, there wasnt much left of it in the end. lol

We had a ton of guys out there too. Literally to hold all of our shotguns we had one of those long fold up tables, plus a card table and still didn't have enough room for all the guns. A couple of the guys took pictures of all the guns, set up with empty cans of bush in front and bottle of what i think was peppermint schnapps. So if you see that picture anytime, you know where it came from. lol

And for as many guns as we had we didn't have too much variety. I saw at least four other remmington 870's like mine. had to be at least four mossberg 500's including my dad's. I know we had one nice double barrel there. A couple younger kids had .410s. One guy had a winchester trench gun used in vietnam, was in perfect shape and he got it for $250. hell of a steal and made you about half deaf. We had at least three semi-auto 20's of the same type, didn't catch the make. And two or three of the same type of 12, didn't catch what they were either. My uncle toad had his 12 with a slug barrel with a choke and his brother's what he thought was a twenty gauge. lol

My uncle toad was shooting his brother's gun he had for about ten years but never shot, he kept getting the 20 guage shells jammed in it though. We popped one out and literally the brass had flared out on the top jamming it. One of the guys commented are you sure that is a 20 and not a 16 gauge? and sure enough it was 16. lol. we had a good laugh there.

Hell, this thing is long enough. I will post some more if i remember anything else hilarious.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:24 am
Sounds like a good time. Now I'll have to dust off my thrower and go out one day.  

Man of the Demoneye

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff