Im learning!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VeXeD ZERO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:27 pm
I've started learning the guitar...
Havnt been playing long, and I can play a few good riffs, (Black Sabbath -Iron man Paranoid and a few Old school Metallica riff)
But nothing all the way through...
Anyone else play?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:15 am
Yes, actually I do. I started on guitar at fifteen, and made the switch to bass around the time I was eightteen on the verge of nineteen. The desire to switch, or the seeds were planted in an odd way. First, it was a non-bass playing guy that got me listening to bass lines more. He was a wild guy, cool drummer too. So yeah, I started quoting him saying "Yeah, give that bass some d**k!" Just sort of stuck. Now of course, I'd been a Steve Harris, Cliff Burton and Geezer Butler fan up to this point, but never really paid much attention to the bass. It was also around this time I got seriously into the Misfits, hence the Crimson Ghost tattooed on my right arm. Seeing the Misfits live in September of '06 really made a full transition moment for me. Seeing Jerry Only live, singing, hulking around and just playing this full on bass feeling that hits you in the gut. It was a damn good feeling. Haven't looked back too much since then, at least not until recently.

However, I'm a much more accomplished bassist than I am a guitarist. I had the drive to put bass on the map in my band, and prove an underrated and near unnoticed instrument could really sing and shine. It's come along a good way, as you can hear in some of the tracks on my band's page at DraXsiS. Anyways... Enough about my boring story. You get the idea.

Bottom line? Ha, pun intended. I'm a "former" guitarist and now bass player. I've also started getting into singing and all that. So we'll see where that takes me.

Keep up the playing bro. Stick with it, have faith, confidence and perseverance. Don't let your head drop when you hear Skwisgaar's solos. I know mine does, and it makes me want to pick up guitar seriously again, ,but... I've got a home on the bass, and I'm determined to be an inspiration musically to someone, somewhere with it in my hands. Keep us updated on your progress bro.  

Reverend MacManus
Crew

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

VeXeD ZERO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:53 pm
lol, Swissgar is beyond me at this time lol.
I'm more into Rythm guitar anyway, Fast, heavy and loud!
I'm gonna try to learn some wicked fills and solos of course.

My mates a bass player now, He's a huge Cliff fan, but then again who isnt ^^
I've also got another mate who plays, Hes been playing guitar for 4 years, but he used to play piano for ages before that. Hes a nutcase at it though...He learned Painkiller in about 10 minutes xP
I'll have to check out your link a bit later too  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:39 pm
That's pretty brutal. Cliff Burton and Jerry Only were my initial bass influences. Steve Harris and Geezer Butler fell into place. Right now I'm listening to Rex Brown's stuff he did with Pantera. I love how it shines through on their albums. Dime wasn't afraid to let the bass have its place, and that's good.

Keep us all updated bro. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your progress.  

Reverend MacManus
Crew

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
Musician Thread [Anyone who plays an actual instrument can discuss here.]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers