Welcome to Gaia! ::

Written Words

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for writers, this is where you can post your stories, no matter what they're about. 

Tags: Writing, Romance, Horror, Story, Stories 

Reply Stories
Acid

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

B3autiful_trag3dy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:41 pm

Introduction:
To whomever this may concern, my name's Ryan, and I'm guessing you were too late if you’re reading this. Right now, I'm stuck alone, its day 1, July 2, 2071.
She wrote in her cloth journal, Ryan was all alone, no one around her, destroyed surroundings, dead bodies everywhere, and buildings melted away from all the acid rain they'd been having in Baltimore lately. The last thing she remembered was on May 14th, she was sitting home with her Family, the Maid cleaning the house.
"God mom it’s pouring down there," She said, staring at the brown colored rain as it ate away small statues on the front of her house. Her Mother, a tall blonde, who always kept her children's best interests at heart. She worked for the Dictator Tyler. Ever since the 2013 war, Tyler’s earlier relatives sent his troops from England, Capturing all of Northern America. Things were different there ever since but for all 17 year old Ryan knew, it was normal.
"I know, I guess we won't be going out tonight after all sweetie, the potency of the rain has gotten a lot stronger," she said staring outside worriedly. Ryan smiles,
"What's the worst a little acid will do to us?" she said, chuckling. Her mother turned toward her,
"Kill us Ryan," she said in a very serious tone. Ryan turned her head; she flinched as she remembered the deaths of most of her friends, daring each other to go out in the rain. After long exposures to the rain, you'd get small marks all over your body, then becoming very ill, and most likely dying.
"Isn't it crazy that people used to play in the rain?" She said curiously. Ryan's mom chuckled,
"Sweet heart that's a myth," she said matter-a-factly. Ryan rolled her eyes,
"Sure it is," she's read too many stories for that to not be true. Then a bright flash of green filled the outside, Ryan and her mother running to the Cellar,
"I thought they said that we weren't going to get another nuclear storm!" Ryan yelled in fear as her mother closed the cement cellar door.
"Scientists are never right anymore," She mumbled to herself, hugging her knees into her arms, She knew they'd be there for a while. She stared at the small cellar, all coated with cement, the scientists in 2030 made it illegal not to have one of these after the Massacre in Chicago, the whole town was hit with nuclear radiation, killing over 2/3 of their population, the rest of the population dying later of cancer. Ryan's mother's eyes widened,
"Emilina!" she said suddenly, their maid. She had been their loyal maid to them for 10 years. Ryan's mother goes to the door,
"I have to get her, she's like family," she said turning the door handle.
"You'll die out there!" She yelled at her mother. Her mother nodded,
"If it's to save someone sweet heart I'd do it," she said as she opened the door, running throughout the house. Ryan cried as the door closed on her, leaving her alone in the cellar, she knew her mother If she lived, would never be the same again. Little did she know, She wouldn't be seeing anyone she knew, ever again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:56 pm

Chapter 1.
Ryan lay there for hours upon hours, her Mother never once coming back in. Finally after waiting 7 growling hours for her mother she stood up, and with and her strength opened the cellar door. Her eyes widened as she looked at the horrifying sight. Her living room torn apart, the kitchen in the dinning room, and living room in the kitchen. She stood there dumbfounded, as the harsh wind whipped through her brown hair. She then decided to get help, walking through the reminents (sp) of her house as she searched and searched for her mother.
"Momma?" She called. "Momma?" No answer. She walked out of the remains of her house out to the street which was cover in other people's homes. she stared down the street, not one trace of a human. She wondered the street, calling out names of people she knew lived by her. No answer anywhere, everythingaround her looked warped, like plastic put in an oven. She then became frantic screaming her mother's name, just hoping someone somewhere would answer. Then she reached the city, as she walked she made sure to watch her step as shattered glas lay everywhere. Her heart aching as she couldn't believe what she saw. Hundreds upon hundreds of dead bodies, all scattered like confetti. Ryan held backa scream of terror as she saw people she knew and loved, lying there dead. She then reconised two faces amoung them all, Her mother and Emilina's, she ran over screaming. As hot tears streamed downher face,
"Mom!" she screamed, her voice echoing the vaccant town. She held her mother's corpse in her arms screaming bloody murder. She knew she had to find out what killed these people, but then a huge feeling hit her, she was utterly alone. No one one to help her, to talk to, or even to just exist. She got up leaving her mother there.
"I have to do something," she said, obviously to herself. She got up looking all directions for even a dog or something, something to keep her from going completely insane. Then she saw something, a slight movement in the mass of dead bodies,
"Oh my god!" she screamed running over to the body. It was a boy, about her age laying there, he looked so sick to, his blonde hair mangled around his face, like he was thrown.
"Are you alright?" She asked, but then felt stupid obviously not. He tried to sit up, but moaned as it was too much. Ryan held him down,
"Please don't try to move," she begged him, looking into his dark blue eyes.
"What's your name?" She asked looking at his condition. He smiled,
"My names Jessie," He said weakly. Ryan smiled,
"My name's Ryan, What exactaly happened out here?" she asked, then noticed he was already getting dots on his body, blotches of discolored skin, she knew he didn't have long. He turned over and groaned,
"I don't know, I was running home cause I got caught in the rain, and I huge earthquake type explosion happened," He mumbled. That's when Ryan almost screamed out of pain, there was a at least a 6 inch gash in the back of his head.
"Jessie, You have a huge gash on the back of your head," She said, worry in her voice. He winced,
"Yeah I know, As I was running I got hit in the head by something, that's when i passed out, and awaoke to you," He mumbled. Holding the back of his head he tried to get to his knees, Ryan hesitated but then decided to help him.
"We have to get you help," She said worriedly. He laughed histarically,
"Ryan, where are we to go? Everything Is ruined, nothing it useable anymore!" he yelled hopelessly. Ryan nodded as kept helping him up, almost teary-eyed.
"There has to be something," she mumbled to herself. she looked around, no. looking at a still standing parking garage,
"There has to be water there at least, and a Bathroom , We'll make shelter there," She told him starting to walk with him, helping as she stumbled over his feet. Then He sighed,
"Ryan, I don't think I'm going to make it though this," He told her, more blotches appearing as his face paled even more. Ryan shock her head,
"Don't say that, I'll get you through this, Come on just follow me," she said, "We don't have much longer, You'll make it I promise." She said her voice cracking as tears fell form her face, knowing that he may make it there but in the next couple days, he wouldn't make it. They began their long journey toward the parking garage, moving slowly as Jessie's condition worsening as they got closer. Ryan begged the heavens to help her make it there at least with him, to have some one to be with for now.

B3autiful_trag3dy
Vice Captain

B3autiful_trag3dy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:25 pm
Chapter 2

They continued walking for what felt like forever, the sun beating on their faces. Then Ryan noticed Jessie's breathing getting heavier and heavier as they advanced.
"Jessie, Want to take a break?" She asked, concerned for the health he had left. He turn to her staggering a bit,
"Yes," He said faintly, then he fell to his knees in exhastion. Ryan knelt to his side, stroking his cheek. Jessie panted as the walk was becoming too much, the hot, hot sun burning them both. Then, while you were kid you weren't allowed outside at that time. The Sun was too much for the body. Quickly dehydrating, and burning you severely. Ryan looked up nervously,
"Jess' hang in there come on, you can do it," she encouraged. Jessie looked at her, sickness painting his face, no longer was his face any color, just white, even though it was blazing outside. Ryan's face beat red from the sunburn forming on her cheeks. He got to his feet, but quickly fell as he was getting too weak. Ryan put his arm around her shoulder as a support, she was determined to get there. He staggered along his weight but kept moving, then they made it. They both walked into the shade of the parking Garage. Ryan sighing as the sun's rays almost becoming unbearable. The coolness rushing over her cheeks, the red quickly vanishing. Jeesie sighed in in the comfort of the coolness. Ryan searched for a resting place, then she saw the cars that surround, deciding it was a perfect place, not like anyone was going to use them. She found the closest car busting the door with her elbow, the car alarm sounding echoing the vaccant parking lot. Ryan sighed,
"I know how to fix this," she said aloud looking at Jessie's broken body. She went to the front of the car looking at the glove compartment and pulling out wires, making the car alarm die, as the echoes became quieter. Ryan walked to the back, pulling 9out the business papers the owner had in the back seat,
"Okay Jess' lay here," He said pointing to the back of the car. He smiled and walked wearily(sp) to where she was. He laid down, grunting as his body ached. Ryan layed him down then checked his pulse, it was about 10 beats slowert than normal,
"Alright Jessie, I'll find a bathrrom in here and get water and papertowels and we'll clean you up, Okay?" She said, trying not to have concern in her voice. He nodded then rested his eyes,
"ah. ah ah. No, If you fall asleep you won't wake up," she warned, "I think you have a concusion(sp)," She said holding his hand. Then she walked away and ran looking for a bathroom. She climping the slopes as the garage climb levels, she became less hope full, but as her hope was almost lost it paid off. There it was, she ran to it takig handfulls beyond handfulls of papertowels then she wetted them in cold, cold water. She wet her face, as it was cooled off. Then without time to spare she ran back down to him, running quicker and quicker as her anxiouty built for Jessie. She finally made it back to him, running next to him and crawling in the crampt car crawling atop of him. She smiled fakely as she saw his eyes were fighting to stay open,
"I'm trying I swear," he mumbled sleepily. Ryan nodded,
"I know, I know," she said in comfort, as she dapped the back of his head. Jessie winced as the cold, coldwater touched his skin, burning his gash. Ryan shushed him as she stroked the side of his face. Afyer several minutes of dapping she decided his wound would need disinfectant and stiches, as it wouldn't stop bleeding. She stopped as Jessie looked at her in confusion,
"Is It done already?" He asked. Ryan shook her head,
"I'm afraid not, I need to get you things for it, I'll run to the drug store and look through the rubble, for it." He frowned and shook his head,
"You'll die out there, It's too sunny, plus, they called for more storms today," He said cautiously. Ryan shook her head and something came to mind,
"If it means saving someone you care about, Then I'd do anything." She recieted(sp) from her mother. Then she quickly, before he could say another word, crawled off of him and walked outside, walkign quickly as the rain clouds gathered dangerously.

Stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games