Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
FFVII remake Green-Lighted, Nobody Wants to Make It. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haraki Thanos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:44 am
Raike99
I want a remake of FF6.
Not for PS3/Wii/360, though. On the DS, like they did for 3.
I want that really badly too, and when they do, I hope they give Terra green Hair and not blonde hair.

Though what I would prefer would be a remake of FF5... I mean, it is my favourite Final Fantasy game, but it does need more love. And yet again, I hope they don't mess up the characters' hair. Lenna needs pink hair, Faris needs Purple, if they make them blonde like in their art, I will rage.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:19 pm
But the art is their original design, why must they have funky color hair?  

Cybylt

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:36 pm
well, wouldnt you think it was boring if they had normal haor like everyone else? I think some people wanna see a little hair craziness. rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:29 am
No, I'd think it boring if it had a weak story and gameplay. There are plenty of jrpgs with just those that have characters with weird as hell hairstyles and colors.

In fact, the crazier the outward appearance of the character, the less personality they tend to have in those games.

Oh, and Final Fantasy VIII released on PlayStation Network today.  

Cybylt

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:27 am
hmmm....you make a valid point.

eek OH MY GOD!!!! Thats frekin awesome!!!! now i just gotta go buy a PS3 rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:32 pm
Razull
IT MAKES THEM SUPER KAWAII DESU NE YOU BAKA  

Raike99

AlexxRedd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:19 pm
Only a matter of time, I suppose. VII needs a good remake, since it was so unpolished (especially the american translation...). All the fans (including myself) took ages to fully understand what was going on, and I think the same story could just be told in a different way.

Now, VIII could also benefit from a remake! Thing is, the only way to make that one good is to get rid of Squall and make the game about Laguna! I'd play that. Heck, erase the whole game and just tell Laguna's story; I couldn't really stand Squall's fan club of a party anyway.

Everyone in the party: "Squall, we so freakin' love you!"

Squall: "....Whatever."

The Entire world of FF VIII: "SQUEEE!!"

XI...well, I loved it as is. I suppose they could improve the graphics to match today's standards, but XI was pretty damn good all around. I'd leave that one to the awesome that it continues to be.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:09 am
nitnit has abandoned the thread.  

nitnit
Captain

Cybylt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:58 pm
Raike99
Razull
IT MAKES THEM SUPER KAWAII DESU NE YOU BAKA

That's another very valid reason why I prefer sticking with the more realistic approach.

FFVII would be confusing as hell even with proper translations. The compilation series probably made the game's story that much easier to understand, especially Crisis Core.

It's also worth noting that VII and VIII are on PSN and available as PSP downloads on it as well as PS3 downloads. That being said, there are very few PS1 games that aren't shared between the two consoles.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:56 pm
VII's story is better as mysterious and open to interpretation. Call it cliche and stupid, but the fact that the player decided in their own mind a lot of the story elements was one of the game's strengths.

Spoon feeding every element of the plot doesn't help.  

nitnit
Captain

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas