Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Getting in shape for cosplay - Support~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:53 pm
with any luck it will be cold and no 1 will have to suffer with me, being shirtless in boxing attire yelling out !!!TO THE EXTREME!!!. @.@ I know I don't want to walk around the con like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:35 am
Currently somehow way above my starting weight, and yet I'm (starting to) losing inches... Wonder where it's all going (but not really since somehow my bust has increase my 3 inches since last year ><)

Trying to eat healthier, and exercise more. Last week I went ice skating 4 times, each for about 2-4 hours. Going at least twice this week..  

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

KagonaX

Beloved Nymph

8,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:28 pm
It's nice to see there's a thread like this. I'm one of those people looking to get into shape too for cosplay purposes. Not that its not a healthy thing to do on its own. There are so many characters I'd love to do so I can't begin to name who'd I'd like to start with first. Most outfits I'd have to buy and cosplay usually isn't cheap.

So far I've cosplayed as two girls and one guy I don't think I looked bad them though I was a bigger no doubt. I'd love to pull off more guys. One of my top cosplaying goals is to go as the Vocaloid Gakupo. Course I have to get the money for his outfit beforehand but I know I could lost some weight before I try fitting into cosplay outfit.

A bit of details about myself I'm 5'9 and weigh around 184 the last time I checked. I suppose the main part I need to work on would be my hips and legs which is the biggest part of me. I've lost quite a bit of weight though considering I was like 201 before. Its not like I exercise though, more like I eat very little which probably isn't healthy but I think whatever works.

I don't really stick to eating the same thing all the time. I admit I eat some fried food on occasion along with candy and soda. I don't drink soda often I'm more of a juice person and I know keeping off of soda helps a bunch. I don't know, I wasn't sure what to put here when I saw this but it feels nice to talk about it so I guess that's what I'm doing. I'm hoping by the next convention here I'll get thin enough to look better as the characters I want to go as.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:26 pm
For anyone interested, I just discovered a really helpful iPod/iPhone app that helps with losing weight. smile It's called "myfitnesspal" and it's a free calorie counter. You can even scan in the barcodes for foods you eat and it'll give you the calorie count.

You start by putting in your weight, how much you plan to lose, and how much you plan to work out. Based on that it'll give you a number of calories you are allowed to eat per day -- of course you get calories back from working out. It's fun so far. I just started yesterday. Oh and you can also add friends and what not to help support one another. ^^

Hopefully that's helpful. I'm 5"6, and 140 pounds. I'm trying to lose 5-10 pounds by Fanime... mostly from my belly. :3 More would be better, but honestly I just want to get back into shape.

Pharaoh Maliku

Sparkly Smoker

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Pharaoh Maliku

Sparkly Smoker

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:29 pm
KagonaX
It's nice to see there's a thread like this. I'm one of those people looking to get into shape too for cosplay purposes. Not that its not a healthy thing to do on its own. There are so many characters I'd love to do so I can't begin to name who'd I'd like to start with first. Most outfits I'd have to buy and cosplay usually isn't cheap.

So far I've cosplayed as two girls and one guy I don't think I looked bad them though I was a bigger no doubt. I'd love to pull off more guys. One of my top cosplaying goals is to go as the Vocaloid Gakupo. Course I have to get the money for his outfit beforehand but I know I could lost some weight before I try fitting into cosplay outfit.

A bit of details about myself I'm 5'9 and weigh around 184 the last time I checked. I suppose the main part I need to work on would be my hips and legs which is the biggest part of me. I've lost quite a bit of weight though considering I was like 201 before. Its not like I exercise though, more like I eat very little which probably isn't healthy but I think whatever works.

I don't really stick to eating the same thing all the time. I admit I eat some fried food on occasion along with candy and soda. I don't drink soda often I'm more of a juice person and I know keeping off of soda helps a bunch. I don't know, I wasn't sure what to put here when I saw this but it feels nice to talk about it so I guess that's what I'm doing. I'm hoping by the next convention here I'll get thin enough to look better as the characters I want to go as.

Check out my above post -- you might find it useful. Eating less is an alright way to lose weight but it's friggin hard. I find it easier to replace certain snack foods with healthier ones. I also get cravings for a salty crunchy snack, such as chips, but I recently discovered nuts fufill this craving and are much better for you!

Personally, I'd rather work out and be able to eat a normal amount, but sometimes it's hard to find a work out plan that works for you. The hardest part is starting. Once you get past that it's not so bad.

Best of luck to you :3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:10 pm
Not too sure how to start this off, so I'll try as best I can to cover all the bases. I'm 22 around 6' 3" and I weigh roughly around less than 300. Now with that being said, I am in no way lazy or don't work out. I walk almost all the time and eat roughly well. I admit i do sometimes eat some things I really shouldn't but I try to make that up. I am starting to believe that I have a gland problem or something because I've tried a lot to lose this excess weight and it pisses me off to no end that no matter what I do, nothing seems to work. Not looking for a miracle way to become skinny; just trying to solve this riddle that is what I am doing wrong. Hopefully someone here has something that will help a bunch. Thank you for your time and consideration.  

TheDivineSonic

EmperorTKetchup

Hilarious Consumer

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:20 am
I also wouldn't mind losing 20-30 more lbs. I'm currently at 205 lbs and about 5'5", it's a lot different from being 235 lbs which is where I was in weight; However, I can't figure out what kind of work outs to do to reduce fat. I have already replaced beef in most of my meals (replaced with chicken or turkey), added in more vegetables, and I'm getting on to replacing soda and any kinds of sweets for better alternatives.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:55 pm
Gosh, I swore I posted in here! I guess it didn't send or I forgot to send the finished post in...

Anyways. I'm 18, 5'6", and about 155/159 pounds. I want to get rid of my love handles by about July for the two cons I'm planning on going to. I want to get down to around 130ish pounds, but I'm mostly working towards adding back the muscle I lost once I left public school.

I've been eating less, being more conscious about the nutrition facts of what I eat, and I have been taking plenty of walks. I would love to go whole hog into exercising, but between my lack of muscle and exercise-induced asthma, I need to work up my stamina again @_@

I'm proud of my food choices so far, even though I've been unable to give up my ginger ale. This is more of an overall health thing, as the carbonation and natural ginger in the drink helps to keep my stomach issues in check. I don't believe one can a day is so terribly bad.  

hoshiokashi

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:18 pm
I've been a little sidetracked with my diet, especially as of recently. I hope to get back on track so I can lose the weight I need to!

I'm around 195 right now, and I'm aiming to lose 40-60 pounds (haha a huge range I know, but I'm not sure exactly what my healthy range is, but it's about there.) I calculated it, and if I eat nothing but unhealthy and exercise, I could lose it by the end of August. So in reality, I'll probably have it off closer to September or October.

I'm not pessimistic about it, and I am going to try to eat just healthy foods, it's just reality that there will be weight fluctuations and I want to lose until I'm about 5 pounds under my weight goal [which I hope to have figured out by July] so weight fluctuation isn't a big deal.

But also, as a part of a healthy diet, you're supposed to treat yourself every once in a while so you don't get bored with your diet.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:39 pm
I've been wanting to lose some weight. Then again maybe not so much as losing weight.. toning up would be cool too! I'm about 5'7" and borderline 130 pounds... Exercise isn't hard for me. I mean, I like exercise.. my problem is staying motivated and sticking to a schedule. =/ For instance, there was one point where I exercised every day for a whole week and wound up exhausting myself.. so I had ZERO motivation to exercise that next week.  

ChocoboxDreamer

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:16 pm
La Petite Medic
Starting something just in time for the holidays won't be the best for me (I'm very weak-willed), but I'm going to try.

I'm going to try to get rid of excess belly fat, like riiiight in the front, (For Kagamine Rin) and thigh fat (For the Will of the Abyss). This is also so that I can feel better about myself.

I'm going to:
-Bike more often (have to pump air into the tires)
-Rollerblade more often (find them)
-Successfully do sit ups and crunches (I really can't)
-Cut way down on sweets (ever since I cosplayed as Yachiru, my sweet tooth has been soooo big. Except now... I can't drink peppermint mochas. Too sweet. DX)
-Don't over eat. (Ironic considering my name...) I recently went to a ramen shop with two of my close friends and neither of them finished theirs (one of them was a guy) and I did... I also try to keep up with my boyfriend (who used to eat a lot because he was always hungry) because I didn't want him to think I was lying when I said I wasn't hungry and now he eats less and I eat more than him!
- Choose healthier meals. Fries are great, but I need to eat healthier things when out and about.
- Drink less soda. My mom loves it (It's pretty much all she drinks) so we always have some at home. I'm now addicted to it but I bought a water filter, so now I'll actually drink water.
- Drink less starbucks coffee. I think this is really where I'm going wrong. I used to get it twice a day when I went to work. (5 or 4 days a week) Now now I get it less, but still quite frequently. (Without getting it "Skinnyified")

I'm really self-conscious about going to the gym. I only have 2 times in my life, so I'm going to be trying other things as well as building up confidence to go to the gym because I don't know any friends who do.

Height: 5"3'
Weight: 105 lbs

3 years... How have I fared? Not well. D: I have started going to the gym.. somewhat. The gym itself isn't the problem now, it's finding the time. (And the fact that I now work at a restaurant. Damn their fries and thai chili sauce.)

I'm still trying to drink more water (and actually somewhat suceeding. Again, curse the free pop at work. DX) I've successfully cut down on sweets and I'm eating less for the most part. However, I'm still eating terribly when I do eat. Today, I will make a resolution to eat better and promise you all that I will. (It will help me stick to it.) I haven't been able to cut down on delicious hot beverages at all. Now Tim Horton's is factoring into it too. >.O

I kind of want a workout partner. I don't need one, but it would be nice. I think some of my friends want to work out more, so I think I'll ask one of them about it. My boyfriend wants to work out too, but he doesn't like running and plays DDR to get into shape. Problem with us "working out" together is that I can't play it well enough to actually get a decent work out out of it. DX So I watch. And flail on the pads when he (literally) drags me onto the machine.

One thing I do find that helps is actually listening to music of dances that I want to do and thinking of the cute girls that dance them when I'm running. I also thing about how if I can get into shape by running, maybe one day I can do the dances and look cute just like them. Or listening to theme songs/ character songs for a character I want to cosplay and think "This is for (insert character name here). I can do it for '____' "

Height: 5"3'
Weight: 112 lbs (How did this happen? Oh god. But I don't feel much fatter... but I bet I am. Lol.)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:46 pm
This is like, the only thread here that I'm actually interested in.  

0nee-san

Timid Kitten

16,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:01 pm
l Kaede l
This is like, the only thread here that I'm actually interested in.

Lol I'd say it's the same for me, but awkward con stories are amusing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:56 pm
Just started a new daily workout routine last week. I'm 5"3', 140 lbs.
Trying to lose about 15 lbs and tone up a bit for AWA in late September, since my newest cosplay will have tight leggings.
So far I've been doing an hour per day- between walking my dog, DDR (30-40 minutes), and other stuff like sit-ups. Mostly trying to reduce flab around my legs/stomach.
I'm also trying to get on a healthier diet, and eat in smaller portions, though that's the hardest part, since there's always lots of tempting food around here...  

Calorline

Magical Conventioneer

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conversationalist 100

MisaMaiValentine

7,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:09 pm
Come on, ladies! Work those abs! And soon enough you'll look like Taylor Lautner! Or however you spell it....I would quote each of you individually but I BELIEVE IN ALL OF YOU! Start working out every day and you'll feel great all the time, I promise it works. That and your costumes will always work. Not that they don't already work because they do (as long as you're not this guy) but working out really does improve your lifestyle a lot. I promise.

heart I heart BELIEVE heart IN heart ALL heart OF heart YOU! heart  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces