Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Back to Guilds

Tags: Purple, Moonlight, Chat, Hangout, Moon 

Reply *~Purple Moonlight Haze~*
What music/video player would you recommend?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hey!
  Hi~!!!
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:36 am
So I was thinking that maybe I could use a new mp3 player. I never bothered to get one b/c my phone worked wonderfully at first. The music was nice and I could even watch clean videos on it AND since it was a cellphone it was like an all in one.

But now I think it might be time to change (keep the cell but change what I use for mp3/videos) after I got irritated that I have to keep replacing my headphones but the only brand I can buy is just one kind from Verizon (since the headphone plugin is smaller than a regular headphone plug!!). I want to get some nice Bose headphones but noooo my phone's headphone plug is too small for regular headphones. >_<

So while searching online I'm finding the so far the best thing is the new ipod touch which plays up to 10 hours of videos and more for music. At first I thought the nook would be great. B/c it's music/videos/wi-fi/books all in one...but it's awfully big.... so that kinda leaves it as a 'maybe' thing.

I don't like the idea of ipod b/c that means Id have to download itunes and that'll be annoying. I like how I can just take and drag my music or videos onto my memory card and just plug it in my phone and I'm ready to go. No program needed....

So I'd like some advice from everyone please! ^_^

1. What video/mp3 player do you recommend?

2. What do you use?

3. Can you use memory cards with ipods?

4. Do I have to use itunes with an ipod? Or if I'm relying on memory card...can I just use the same click and drag technique onto my memory card and be good to go?

Thanks everyone! ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:49 am
PS: Cellphones counts as mp3/video player so if anyone has Verizon and any recommendations that'd be great thanks! ^_^

Update:
Ipod touch is out of the question now. I just learned there is no SD slot for it. Any suggestions on anything though? Anyone? crying  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:45 pm
I'm actually curious to see what people suggest, if anything other than iPod gets suggested.
My second iPod is dying on me.
The first one I had just stopped reacting to my computer and that's how you plug it in to charge and add music.
So when it stopped reacting to any computer I plugged it into I bought a new one(mom did for my birthday since this was like a week before) and I gave the old one to my friend that said it works fine on hers.

My one that's dying now is the 3rd gen iPod nano.
The vocals don't work to well anymore.
I have yet to try different headphones with it but it doesn't look like a headphone problem.
In any song with vocals I can only hear them very faintly.
I also ran out of room on it so I was thinking of getting a new one anyway but a couple people I've talked to have said the ones with a ton of memory(30g) have said they're kind of unreliable.
I was looking at the 30g ones since you can buy a 16g touch for $250-something or a 30gig classic for about the same.

So I'm looking into different brands.
(I can't suggest anything other than iPod because as far as I know you can't plug an SD card into any of them and they're the only MP3s I've ever owned.)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:49 pm
If they could make a music player that supports FLAC files, my life would be complete.

Flyentologist

kawaiitanpopo

Distinct Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:34 pm
Zunes. They are f*ing AWESOME! I have had mine for a long time and I love it. I really love its media player, too. It is much cheaper than an iPod with a better media player, too. I don't know what the consensus on iTunes, but...it sucks. Plus, my Zune has lasted YEARS. It is a very well-made product!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:49 pm
hehe Hey a zune person! My sister has a zune and loves it with the exception that it had a problem already that seems to be a common Zune problem.
I found the that 16 Gig Sony looked interesting and only cost 300.00. That's almost as much as the ipod touch...except less gigs but way better sound quality I hear. In the end though..that also had a reasonable amount of bad reviews. The only up part was high quality video (HD included and music). But still...I'm kinda nervous to spend that much on something and it might not be that great in the end....

I think...I might stick to cellphones. I was just checking them out today and noticed the touch ones I saw come with 3.5 mm plugin for headphones.
YES I get my high quality Bose headphones!!!

....I really want good music quality but a decent screen size to watch movies on. That sony wouldn't be too too bad...but the cellphone would be more convenient and cost the same amount.... >_< ARGH!
They should let you listen to music on the phones when you go into the store. Not just view the cellphone. It'll make it easier to see which cell is better.
So so far...I like LG enV Touch Cell and Blackberry Storm2. Since I'm used to LG I might stick with that...the only thing I don't like is that it's one of those opening keyboard phones. I hate those.
I might save shopping for a mp3 player until after the holiday. It's maybe going to be crazy out there since Christmas is right around the corner. ^_^ What I liked about Verizon's website is you can get an idea about how big the phones are. But I'm still going to wait and visit the verizon store with mom before deciding on something new...

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:50 pm
iGoldman
If they could make a music player that supports FLAC files, my life would be complete.
What's FLAC? ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:20 pm
Moonlight_HuangHou
iGoldman
What's FLAC? ^_^
The sexiest damn thing ever.

Flyentologist

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas