Submit

Do you hate stereotypes?
  Yeah
  Nah
  I could care less what other people think of me
View Results

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:38 pm
I hate stereotypes. I really do. Has anyone else ever been stereotyped before?

I've been called emo. A lot. Mainly because I wear dark clothes and have long hair that hangs over one eye...that's not the thing that bothers me, though. It's the fact my vice principal accuses me of damn near everything, such as smoking in the bathrooms just because I look like I smoke. Not only that, but he thinks I'm one of those pothead skaters and doesn't trust me a bit, just because he doesn't know me. I hate that. One time, we had a random search at school, and of course, he kept staring at me and pointed me out and even had me searched extra well to make sure I had nothing on me. I don't do drugs or anything, yet he still continues to think I do. He really bothers me.
I don't care though, because the only people that really know me are family and friends. I could care less what anyone else thinks, 'cause they don't know me so they can assume whatever they want.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:51 pm
I don't hate stereotypes, but I don't love them either. I think that sometimes they can be useful in the case of profiling. Not the kind of profiling like if a cop sees a black man or if a guy with a turban is getting on a plane. I mean profiling as like profiling a serial killer or the like. I think it might be beneficial in that kind of circumstance. I also think that we all use stereotypes and, if we all don't take them terribly seriously, we could all have a good laugh over them.

So that's my final answer! wink  

kawaiitanpopo

Distinct Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Flyentologist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:19 pm
Due to my last name being "Goldman" and my nose being every so slightly larger than average, I'm always hailed as being Jewish. I'm also, for God knows what reason, dubbed "the smart nerdy computer geek guy", especially by people who don't know a thing about me, and I can't fathom why.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:09 am
I adore steriotypes.
=3
By that I mean I find them hilarious and like making fun of them.
(not people that fit them, but the steriotypes them selfs and the people that believe them)
When people are serious about believing them however?
That's just sad.

I get accused of being "goth" alot. More when I was younger,
and therefore before I started wearing purple summer dresses
with the rest of my bleak wardrope.
but it still occasionaly happens
Which is silly.
Since honestly,
what I was wearing was more like the b*****d child of punk

Black t-shirt of various design, jeans with industrial chains I found, overload of jewelry and such.
Nothing gothic about it.
And these days it's mostly black jeans, purple summer dresses, long coats and overload of jewelry.
Still nothing gothic about it
D=

People should get their labels correct before using 'em.

Also due too my choice in clothing,
and severe insomnia I get accused of drug abuse quite often.
(and also get offered free hits of various drugs from junkies every-now and then, which is rather nice of them really.)
Which is funny to me since I don't smoke, don't do drugs
(no matter how often I get offered some)
and I for them most part don't drink. Mostly when my friends meet for drinks, I just drink soda, I've only been drunk 3 times so far.

And of course when I was still around 14-17 people keept
asuming I wa a troupled child, the councelor at my school keept
asking me things about my whole life,
and most strangers always thought my parents had to face hell raising me.

Which was not true at all.
My mom and I for example have a fantastic relationship and hang out alot,
even back when I was 15 and should have been going with the whole
"OMG parents are sooo not cool" thing.
I've always been rather mellow and obidient for the most part,
and they've always let me dress however and do most things I wanted.

=/
Silly asuming people.

klikkhaus

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:16 pm
Yeah, I agree. I hate the person, but I like making fun of them in the end. And wow, my vice principal came up to me today, and again, accused me at lunch of smoking outside the school. Thanks, Mr. Gains. Once I told him I don't smoke, he gave me a dirty look and walked away, and my friend said he was basically analyzing and profiling my body to see if I had anything suspicious on me. Fun  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:59 pm
I've always found people finding me hard to stereotype so usually I'm just "that weird quiet kid"
or for a while last year "that weird morbid kid who may or may not be plotting something"
since the teacher asked us all our aspirations, and I told her that I wanted to plan an execute some kind of conspiracy.
Then when she asked us what one of our favorite things to discuss were I told her lobotomies.

Lately I seem to be getting stuck in the art kid stereotype, which I don't mind.
It could definitely be worse.

But when you take stereotyping to the level that your principal is taking it to, Death, something needs to be done.
Have you tried complaining to the school board?
That's almost harassment.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:29 pm
Meh, I don't think it's THAT bad, yet. At least I'm not like my cousins. They get searched everytime a certain cop sees them, no matter where they are or what they're doing. The cop's always on their asses, I think it's quite funny.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:10 pm
That is kind of funny
But sad.

People like that are so silly.
That'd be like me screaming and running the other direction every time I saw a black guy because I thought he was a criminal and was going to shoot me, rape me, or both.
(a racial stereotype there but still a stereotype)  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:00 am
Oh, and that reminds me, I hate racism, too. I don't get why anyone's racist, I don't get why they can't just get past race or religion to actually just focus on the person inside. I just don't get it at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:48 pm
Bles 'im my dad's so flippantly racist - never hostile, always jokey or matter-of-fact so it's usually both gut twistingly embarassing and kind of funny in its retardedness.
example: when in a computer shop waiting in line he wanted the assistant to stop 'chatting to his friends' and serve him. he assumed that because the assistant was black and the other customers were black that the assistant must know them.
*eyeroll*
I swear most of the time he does it just to annoy us cos he knows we don't approve though. eg 'froggies' (french) 'pakkis'(anyoen remotly indian looking) 'I-ties' (italian)
But he knows if he goes too far and crosses the line we'll all promptly smack him one rolleyes  

dragontamer363
Crew

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces