Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
What do you think of modern warfare 2 great or what

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

narutoex40

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:02 am
that game is extraordinary the graphics storyline weopons iteractions just magificent  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:12 am
It's okay. There are games with better graphics, the weapons are rather broken - so much so that they're going through a rather big patch to fix it all -and the story felt like they're just trying to beat the last game's plot's whole death scene with the nuke by having your character die or have near-death experiences multiple times.

Also strawberry jam blocks.  

Cybylt

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:42 pm
Not all about the graphics, this was a little dissapointing though, campaign was too short, i mean kill, kill, betrayed, knife to the face, quick cliffhanger, and special ops was nothing special, though the multiplayer maps were nice(terminal my fav), more options to custom classes, but not game of year material, (no i'm not trolling, if fageots, yes new word i made, complain about this i honestly don't care what comment goes through this thread)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:05 pm

The game is really just based on the Multiplayer. Which is ******** amazing. So it's one of the best games.

Jahinske The Second

Cybylt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:22 am
A game shouldn't really be all around the multi-player. Half-Life did it right, adding it as a fun little side thing to a strong story and great campaign experience.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:57 am
I always hear people bragging about MW2's story, and frankly it just sounds like it was written by a conspiracy theorists. I think its just okay: its got a lot of graphical polish, but I've never been one to really care about graphics. Its a good FPS, but it plays like every other FPS I've played over the last couple of years.  

Haratio TaFotter

narutoex40

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:03 am
The Ginger Dude
Not all about the graphics, this was a little dissapointing though, campaign was too short, i mean kill, kill, betrayed, knife to the face, quick cliffhanger, and special ops was nothing special, though the multiplayer maps were nice(terminal my fav), more options to custom classes, but not game of year material, (no i'm not trolling, if fageots, yes new word i made, complain about this i honestly don't care what comment goes through this thread)
yeah i know but the multiplayer is what i play all the time it does get boing  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:04 am
Well yes the graphics are up there but the story is short but sweet having spec ops cover the missing storyline from the campaign, and leaving just enough space for a third one. I wouldn't give it a 10/10 but it would be pretty close. The kill streaks are great the death
streaks are ok but i think in my opinion that it's just a nice message from infinity ward to you saying "Hey you suck so here's a handicap." The most of the maps are cool but some of them i hate. The one thing i just hate about the game that makes me want to turn it off after a game or two is chronic campers. I mean sure there are campers in every type of FPS game, But i would think that MW2 is one of the worst in my opinion. Well overall i think it's an alright game not the best as a lot of crazed fan boys say but it's good.  

Lt Gigglebottom

Rock Paper Kill You

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:18 am
I enjoyed the story despite it being extremely over the top and having some glaring plot holes. But the multiplayer, despite it being fun, I find myself getting really angry over, more so then any other game o_o and I also feel like the nuke/ac130/chopper gunner were horrible ideas. They give the dominating player way too much power.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:37 am
personally i loved the game and got really pissed when they killed off *spoiler in white* Ghost and roach The multi-player is ok but not very realistic when it comes to the firepower of some weapons...and every time a tactical nuke goes off i imagine myself pulling out akimbo magnums and starring at a giant fire wave saying "lets do this mother ********!" and tackling it to death...even tho that is impossible...  

Niaxus

Transformed Empress Sarah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:37 am
i like it. its not the best game of all time but i must say the online multiplayer is enough to win me over. i am seriously addicted to it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:17 am
Niaxus
personally i loved the game and got really pissed when they killed off *spoiler in white* Ghost and roach The multi-player is ok but not very realistic when it comes to the firepower of some weapons...and every time a tactical nuke goes off i imagine myself pulling out akimbo magnums and starring at a giant fire wave saying "lets do this mother ********!" and tackling it to death...even tho that is impossible...

Yeah, some of the weapons strike me as a little unrealistic, primarily akimbo Model 1887s. Seriously, I'm pretty sure you'd wind up breaking your wrists. Still its not as bad as some of the overpowered SMGs in World at War.  

Haratio TaFotter

KRaZyAmmo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:10 pm
I like it. But IMO Batman AA was GOTY material.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:01 pm
KRaZyAmmo
I like it. But IMO Batman AA was GOTY material.

No way. I prefer substance to a pretty atmosphere.  

Jonnnn

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff