Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Is listening to songs are not allowed in Islam? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gintama fan

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:25 pm
Wandertoal-Haqq
Gintama fan
Also music does not hurt any one in any way. So listen to all the music you want don't worry about hot metal melting on your head. wink

First off, I will state that I'm not here to argue; I'm being 100% serious because that's what this warrants. Why have people become so obsessed with music that they can't live without it? It's become like a drug...when people don't get that fix, they feel distraught & empty. Not sure whether you're Muslim or not, but music does cause harm. From what I have read of the writings of Muslim scholars, it's a distraction from true worship of Allah (how He has prescribed it, not just how we want to) & turns the heart away from the Qur'an. I have heard that love of music & love of Qur'an recitation cannot be in the heart at the same time; one will drive the other out. Music is just idle talk & has no point except for entertainment...but there are so many other ways to entertain ourselves (which we shouldn't spend most of our time doing anyway). In the end, Allah knows best. Any mistakes are from myself & Shaytaan while all truth is from Allah. There is no coercion allowed in Islam so thereby please don't think I am here to force my beliefs; I am merely here to supply what information I have so people can make more educated decisions.

People are not addicted to music. Music is not bad for people it is good for them. There is a time for prayer and a time for music. You must admit there is a musical sound to the Adhan and prayer. People can love Allah and music at the same time they don't have to choose one. There is even a lot of music about Allah. Music is in no way as dangerous as drugs and alcohol.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:32 pm
Really? How are they not addicted? People can't stop listening to it for even a week. Honestly, it's sad...how do you know music ISN'T as dangerous as such drugs, but in another way? What about health of the soul? Have you read what any of the scholars have said about the effects of music on us? You can't just pull rulings out of mid-air (though I'm sure you have the best of intentions). Just because there is music about Allah doesn't make it right (people kill innocent people in the name of Allah, but it's still an evil thing). If Allah loved worship of Himself through the medium of music, don't you think he'd have commanded it or encouraged it? Rather, we see in various hadith the condemning of such practices. We can't just follow our own desires...we have to take a look at what our religion teaches. May Allah guide us all, ameen.  

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200

OhhSalma

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:31 am
some kinds of music are good others are bad, like Al-tartil is actually a kind of music , i don't know how i explain this in english but musicians and especially arabic musicians who go to music schools know that there is a type of music ( ma9am) that deals with the way you read quran.... i can explain more if you guys didn't understand me. however there are some kinds of music which is very loud and annoying , those are bad. but then again if music gives you enjoyment and relief i don't think god will forbid it, after all , islam eases things not make them harder...  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff