Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:35 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
But still, that Magnum Research > Colt 1911 is pure asshatory.
MR > Colt? I could believe that. User Image

Really, the DEagle's problems are all inherent flaws of the design. The DEagle was an experiment, really. It's gas-operated, it uses a unique loading system, it has an AR-like bolt... it's an interesting design. Sure, when you put it all together it's a pile of junk, but it was really more of a "look what we can make" gun than a gun that was ever designed for a specific purpose... just like the Gyrojet. Then the fanboys found it, and the .50AE round dodged a legislative bullet, unlike the 13mm Gyrojet. INSTANT CELEBRITY. And the only reason MR still makes it is because the sonofabitch SELLS. They go like hotcakes, and they can charge whatever they want for it. Because of all the fanboys, the Desert Eagle is a license to print money. I can't blame Magnum Research for making the DEagle... in their shoes, I would too.

I still blame them for this particular debacle, though.

Old Colt, not new colt.
Technically Browning, but whatever. I don't know when Colt starting being shitty... the 1911 always seemed to work well, but their M16s have always been sub-par.

Quote:
Sure it sells good.
When it's got the 'my gun's bigger than yours' thing and multiple video games and tons of movies that feature it in such a way.
Free advertising. And it works, so what can you do?

Quote:
Anyway, I should be happy that the 1911 doesn't have such a huge faggy fanbase.
There'd be 1911s with gold tiger striping rails everywhere and nickle/chrome plated boolitz.
But I guess if MR is going to be making 1911s now, that will be a reality.
You REALLY think it's never been done? If you can think of a pimping that still allows the 1911 to fire, it's been done.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:44 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Really, the DEagle's problems are all inherent flaws of the design. The DEagle was an experiment, really. It's gas-operated, it uses a unique loading system, it has an AR-like bolt... it's an interesting design. Sure, when you put it all together it's a pile of junk, but it was really more of a "look what we can make" gun than a gun that was ever designed for a specific purpose... just like the Gyrojet. Then the fanboys found it, and the .50AE round dodged a legislative bullet, unlike the 13mm Gyrojet. INSTANT CELEBRITY. And the only reason MR still makes it is because the sonofabitch SELLS. They go like hotcakes, and they can charge whatever they want for it. Because of all the fanboys, the Desert Eagle is a license to print money. I can't blame Magnum Research for making the DEagle... in their shoes, I would too.

Old Colt, not new colt.
Technically Browning, but whatever. I don't know when Colt starting being shitty... the 1911 always seemed to work well, but their M16s have always been sub-par.

Quote:
Sure it sells good.
When it's got the 'my gun's bigger than yours' thing and multiple video games and tons of movies that feature it in such a way.

Quote:
There'd be 1911s with gold tiger striping rails everywhere and nickle/chrome plated boolitz.
You REALLY think it's never been done? If you can think of a pimping that still allows the 1911 to fire, it's been done.

Yeah but I don't think Tiger striping has been done... yet.

Yeah I know it was Browning that made the 1911, but I think Colt got the military contract, or at least part of it.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:04 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Old Colt, not new colt.

Quote:
Sure it sells good.

Quote:

Yeah I know it was Browning that made the 1911, but I think Colt got the military contract, or at least part of it.
Face/Off came close...

User Image

I thought JMB was working for Colt at the time, but I could be wrong. I'm no expert on the life of Browning. razz  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:43 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Old Colt, not new colt.

Quote:
Sure it sells good.

Quote:

Face/Off came close...

User Image

I thought JMB was working for Colt at the time, but I could be wrong. I'm no expert on the life of Browning. razz

Not sure either.

But I do know that Colt is well known for manufacturing 1911s.  

OberFeldwebel

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:20 am
I RAGED! scream

There is a .50 GI 1911 floating around somewhere, but it has really nothing in common with Deagle except ".50 cal." and "pistol".  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:53 pm
Man of the Demoneye
I RAGED! scream

There is a .50 GI 1911 floating around somewhere, but it has really nothing in common with Deagle except ".50 cal." and "pistol".

.50 GI is a fail round.
I think it was introduced first in Glocks, might be wrong in that though.

10mm > .50 GI  

OberFeldwebel

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:44 pm
OberFeldwebel
Man of the Demoneye
I RAGED! scream

.50 GI is a fail round.

10mm > .50 GI
It was introduced for a variant of the M1911 that fires the round.

I consider any .50 caliber pistol round that isn't .500 S&W Magnum/ .500 S&W Special to be fail.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:26 pm
Requiem in Mortis
OberFeldwebel
Man of the Demoneye
I RAGED! scream

.50 GI is a fail round.

10mm > .50 GI
It was introduced for a variant of the M1911 that fires the round.

I consider any .50 caliber pistol round that isn't .500 S&W Magnum/ .500 S&W Special to be fail.
Also, the Triple-Action Thunder. Now there was a man's pistol. Single-shot .50BMG. Booyah.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:10 am
*insert RAGE here*  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:30 am
Hey, Crash, haven't seen you in a while. How's it going?  

ArmasTermin

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces