Way More Brutal Than The Others. 

Tags: Dethklok, Metal, Guild, Metalocalypse, Music 

Reply Other Music [Like other metal bands? Talk about them here!]
Alex Webster - Cannibal Corpse

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does bass deserve a role in death metal?
  No, Murderface is barely heard and Dethklok gets along just fine.
  Um, duh. Guys like Alex Webster will melt your face and dismember your body with a bass.
View Results

Reverend MacManus
Crew

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:11 pm
Haha, I love this guy's backstory of how he came to play bass. He didn't want to learn lead guitar in five years, so he picked up the bass because he thought it was easier. Now look at the guy, he's a finger playing bass god of death metal. Now that's something.

Anyways, I'd first heard the name Cannibal Corpse when I was 15 and playing guitar. Shame I didn't check out the albums that my friend had at the time. The guy that got me into guitar is the one that pushed Sabbath, early Metallica, Pantera and a few others on me. Thanks to him riding my a** I got to develop a little faster than others, so I loved chugging along with those albums. I should've listened to CC then though.

Instead, I'm going to pick up some albums now, and get a load into the death metal scene. It's not one I've really explored too much in the past I admit, and I should have. I mean, I loved doom and black metal styles, why did I pass this one up? Either way, I'm looking at 'em with new eyes now, mostly for their influence upon the show, but also their bassist Alex Webster. The guy's a beast.

Just when I needed a smack upside my damn head for bass playing, I thought to look at this group. So if you're a fan, feel free to give me some direction here, or reprimand me for not listening sooner. Keep it brutal everyone.  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:33 pm
The sad thing about CC is that everyone in the band is good, but put together, they sound like s**t in a blender. Out of everything I do, I am most inspired by their lyrics, and read them on a regular basis.  

The Chainsaw Ninja

6,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0
Other Music [Like other metal bands? Talk about them here!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items