Reverend MacManus
Crew

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:00 am
Three chords, root note basslines, cornerstone of rock. AC/DC are the quintessential rock band. Packed with catchy riffs, memorable choruses and rock steady bass lines locked in with the drums, they deliver song after song with great energy. You just can't help yourself but enjoy them. Not to mention they've got a history with two incredible frontmen, Bon Scott and Brian Johnson. Throw down some thunder and tell us why you like AC/DC.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:29 pm
Speaking as an Australian, and I am gonna get pissed on for this,
I HATE ACDC
They have a few top notch songs sure, but its all the same, over and over again.
They've even said so, There song recipe is like a cake, flour eggs, and sometimes some sprinkles.  

VeXeD -0

Reverend MacManus
Crew

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:56 pm
VeXeD is Pissed
Speaking as an Australian, and I am gonna get pissed on for this,
I HATE ACDC
They have a few top notch songs sure, but its all the same, over and over again.
They've even said so, There song recipe is like a cake, flour eggs, and sometimes some sprinkles.
That's why I mentioned the three chords bit. But it's precisely that formula that works for them. Plus it makes people that enjoy timeless rock happy. It's a familiar sound and style, no niche tricks or bulls$$t. Just straight guitar, great lyrics and catchy vox. Reminds me of punk in a way.

I won't piss on you for liking them. My drummer doesn't like them either. Everyone has an opinion. One of the few times I get upset musically, or two, rather, is when someone argues Black Sabbath didn't necessarily start metal, or someone tries to say that unless you slap and pop like Les Claypool all the time, you're not a good bassist. Ugh. I hate that kinda s$$t.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:03 am
They were my favorite band back in junior high! I still love them, but not as obsessively. xd  

AgentKaz

Fashionable Glitch

24,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conventioneer 300

SIDeshow19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:14 pm
Hm...Alice In Chains was My favorite in JH but AC/DC was a definite on my list i have nearly all of their albums on vinyl but Black ICE was crap  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:11 am
Back in Black I think is probably the single most quintessential rock album of all time. Speaking in terms of straight up rock. I mean, I love the greats like Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, Tom Petty and the such. But modern or now classical rock? I think AC/DC has that one in a bag.  

Reverend MacManus
Crew

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

AgentKaz

Fashionable Glitch

24,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:28 am
I personally really loved Black Ice. Anything Goes is one of my favorite songs. It's fun to stomp around to. 3nodding  
Other Music [Like other metal bands? Talk about them here!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games