Welcome to Gaia! ::

Geocaching Guild

Back to Guilds

A high tech treasure hunting game using handheld GPS units. 

Tags: geocaching, hiking, camping, treasure, adventure 

Reply Geocaching Guild
Best thing in the cache.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Geocaching
  log log log
View Results

7raindrops

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:59 pm
This was one of my polls but I would like to see some discussion on it.

What do you think are the best things in a cache?

We all know that there are some amazing caches and have favorites all for different reasons. But what do you like to see in a cache?

I guess that I am like everyone else and enjoy the items that are trackable. I unfortunately have only found two or three things that have been trackable. Other than one geocoin, one path tag, and one really weird Jasper the journyworm I would have to say that I like the personal things that other cachers leave behind. If something is in a cache that has the name of the cacher then I like take that. I think that they are better than the toys and what not that are left.

I actually would like the toys also if they had another cacher's name on them

So lets talk about your favorite items in a cache, and why.

Also have you ever found anything amazing or unique??  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:16 pm
I like to find geocoins though it pains me to move them on sometimes because they look so cool. They are supposed to travel so sometimes it annoys me when I see people who grab them and just stick them in a binder like a collectible.  

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

7raindrops

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:32 pm
I can't beleive people would do that. It seems so mean spirited. It's like if you like geocaching then you should respect other people who do it too.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:42 pm
Yeah they show up sometimes at the geocacher gatherings with a binder or two under their arms expecting to impress people. Of course they claim to have bought them but with as expensive as they are to make, let alone buy them (even on eBay) I can't believe these binder-fulls aren't swiped.

Probably some of us at the gatherings say something to them because I rarely see them return the next month or the next year.  

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

7raindrops

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:13 pm
It would be interesting to perhaps do a little research into the matter. Like try to memorize the numbers on them and see if anything comes up on the GC website, like a coin thought missing.  
Geocaching Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games