Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Chatterbox/Humor
You all knew one of us would buy this eventually...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:31 pm
...but who'd have guessed it would be me?

User Image

It is the LaserLyte/KA-BAR Pistol Bayonet, and isn't it badass? Some may say it's impractical, but I say... "Come on!"

It improves weapon retention ability (who'd grab a gun with a blade sticking out on it?)

Decreases muzzle flip (in theory).

Increases your melee distance and lets you switch from pistol to knife immediately.

Allows use of a knife while keeping a secure shooting grip.

Lets you use a quick melee if caught reloading.

Intimidating!

On the bad side, the sheath is more of a cover for the blade--pretty thin, flimsy plastic with no belt attatchment or even a lanyard loop. And although the blade mounts securely and can be used off the gun if needed, the mounting wings (i'm going to call them wings) are a tad in the way. Not so much as to keep you from getting a good grip, but a little annoying. Also holstering is fairly impossible with the blade mounted. So if drawing fro the holster one would have to draw, take out the blade, attach it, remove the sheath, and pocket the sheath. EDIT: And it keeps me from looping the index finger of my supporting hand around the outside of the trigger guard, which I sometimes like to do. But so would any laser or light. Now for the technical specs.

Weight: 2.6 oz.
Blade length: 2.75"
Overall length: 5.75"
Handle: 30% glass-filled nylon
Sheath: Custom molded polymer
Blade: Medium Carbon Stainless
Full tang design
Fits all medium to large frame pistols (with rail, of course)

There are certain situations I can imagine where one would be better off with the knfie attached than without. For home defense, you're not drawing from a holster, so you can just take off the sheath and rock-n-roll.

I'm a proud owner. 3nodding

Also: last thread of the year!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:21 pm
I suppose you could use it to breach glass, also. I can't see of any NEED for that, but WTF, why not?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:23 pm
Is there some tiny little Rail under that knife I'm not seeing, or is it mounted magically?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:25 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Is there some tiny little Rail under that knife I'm not seeing, or is it mounted magically?

There's a rail. See the indentation where the wing ends? It extends to right next to the takedown lever in the little conical depression.  

ArmasTermin

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:31 pm
ArmasTermin
Requiem in Mortis

There's a rail. See the indentation where the wing ends? It extends to right next to the takedown lever in the little conical depression.
I see. I must have missed it when I looked over the image on Wiki.

If I didn't dislike Beretta and the 9mm round in general (and if I was 21 and had a job), I may buy one of these. Seems like a neat little pistol.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:39 pm
Requiem in Mortis
ArmasTermin
Requiem in Mortis

If I didn't dislike Beretta and the 9mm round in general (and if I was 21 and had a job), I may buy one of these. Seems like a neat little pistol.

For what reason do you dislike Beretta? If you dislike the 92FS, well okay, but to dislike the whole company?

It is indeed a neat little pistol. 17+1 capacity, and it comes in .40 and .45 if you're biased against the 9. The slide is metal and frame is polymer, hammer-fired rather than striker-fired (screw striker-fired!) and the ergos are great. The backstrap is changeable for bigger hands, and the mag release can be switched for a bigger one and reversed to the other side. Safety is ambi- and serves as a decocker. Sights are glow-in-the dark, but not Tritum so they have to be charged from a light source.

Supposedly the way the barrel turns in recoil to eject spent shells dampens recoil but I can't really comment on that--not much to compare to. Takedown is easy. Price tag is reasonable. Love it.

Mags are really expensive, though.  

ArmasTermin

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:49 pm
I thought Sierra had one.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:04 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
I thought Sierra had one.

I know he's got a 92. Dunno about the Storm, though.  

ArmasTermin

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:29 pm
ArmasTermin
Requiem in Mortis
ArmasTermin
Requiem in Mortis

For what reason do you dislike Beretta? If you dislike the 92FS, well okay, but to dislike the whole company?

It is indeed a neat little pistol. 17+1 capacity, and it comes in .40 and .45 if you're biased against the 9. The slide is metal and frame is polymer, hammer-fired rather than striker-fired (screw striker-fired!) and the ergos are great. The backstrap is changeable for bigger hands, and the mag release can be switched for a bigger one and reversed to the other side. Safety is ambi- and serves as a decocker. Sights are glow-in-the dark, but not Tritum so they have to be charged from a light source.

Supposedly the way the barrel turns in recoil to eject spent shells dampens recoil but I can't really comment on that--not much to compare to. Takedown is easy. Price tag is reasonable. Love it.

Eh, I just dislike Italian stuff in general, except for the food.

Sounds like I may desire a Storm, though. Just have to get it in .45.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:44 pm
Requiem in Mortis
ArmasTermin
Requiem in Mortis
ArmasTermin
Requiem in Mortis

You racist!

When it comes to guns, we have to be acceptive of other cultures.

Except those damn Chinese.

OMG Bayonetta commercial! *Drool*  

ArmasTermin

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:50 pm
ArmasTermin
Requiem in Mortis
ArmasTermin
Requiem in Mortis
ArmasTermin
Requiem in Mortis

You racist!

When it comes to guns, we have to be acceptive of other cultures.

Except those damn Chinese.

OMG Bayonetta commercial! *Drool*
No, I don't hate the Italians like I do the French. I just hate the stuff they make. Especially those damn Ferrari and Lamborghini cars.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:39 pm
Fresnel
I suppose you could use it to breach glass, also. I can't see of any NEED for that, but WTF, why not?
It makes pistol whipping more badass.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas