Literate One-on-One Hogwarts RP Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:50 am
(( mrgreen ))

About a quarter of an hour passed while the two sat quietly devouring sweets. Finally, Jack stretched, yawning loudly, and stuffed the rest of the candy into his already-bulging trunk. "So..." he said, sitting back down. "You have any brothers or sisters?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:26 am
"Nah, I'm an only child," Donovan shrugged and lie across the bench with his head pressed against the window "I have tons of cousins though." He placed his arms accross his chest. The train rattled as it passed over the valleys, the sky outside turning a deep red. Blue and Purple clouds drifted lazily through the mountains as trees cast their long shadows atop each other.  

Ashley-Damei

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:24 pm
"Me too," Jack replied softly. He was about to say something more, but just then a Prefect with a large wart on his nose opened the door to their compartment and informed them that they would be arriving at Hogwarts soon, and that they should change into their school robes. Jack felt a strange churning sensation in the pit of his stomach as he pulled out his neatly-folded black robes and changed into them. A tingle ran down his spine when he closed his trunk on his drab-looking Muggle clothes. The wizard robes swirled around his legs like a great shadowy mass, and he felt considerably taller and more mature. Taking a deep breath, he sat back down and looked out the window to catch his first glimpse of the school he still couldn't believe he was enrolled in.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:13 pm
Donovan noticeably cringed at the appearance of the prefect. Sitting up, he pulled out his top-of-the-line school robes. They fit him almost perfectly and gave him a highly distinguished facade. Straightening them he flipped his dark hair out of his face, letting it drop back somewhat over his cavernous blue eyes. Sitting back down again he didn’t care if it got wrinkles in it after his aunt had spent so much time ironing it.  

Ashley-Damei

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:39 pm
Several minutes passed in silence as the two boys waited for the end of their journey. But suddenly Jack cried out in a shrill, excited voice, "Oh, oh! I see it, Donovan! I see it! Hogwarts!" He leapt out of his seat, plastering his face to the window, watching the great castle steadily grow nearer. It looked as tall and formidable as a mountain, with many towers and lighted windows everywhere. But soon his view of the school was obstructed by trees as they pulled into the station, and Jack straightened up just in time to be knocked back into his seat as the train jolted to a stop.
The Prefects marched up and down, opening compartment doors and urging the straggling first-years out of the train, assuring them that their luggage would be taken to the castle seperately. Jack kept close to Donovan, the only familiar face in a sea of strangers.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:50 pm
((I though I posted already but I guess not...))

As Donovan waited in line a girl up ahead of them caught his eye. She had thick, smooth flowing hair the color of cheatnuts parted to the side. Her eyes were a dark emerald green and her skin was so tan she looked almost latino. Her robes weren't as high of quality compared to his, but they weren't hand-me-downs...
For a second he caught her eye and held it before breaking away and staring at the wall. She frowned and countinued to talk to her friends excitedly. Donovan didn't leave Jack's side the entire time, although he was quite subtle about it.  

Ashley-Damei

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:42 am
"First-years!" a reedy sort of voice called out over the babble of excited students. "First-years, over this way! Come now, gather round!"
Keeping close to Donovan's side, Jack shuffled towards a middle-aged man with a hump on his back, who was holding a lantern and yelling out for all the first-years to come to him. When all the first-years seemed to have gathered about, he grunted and indicated that they should follow him. He turned abruptly and strode off up the grounds. He walked with a limp in his right leg, and his lantern swung crazily about, casting spooky shadows all around.
"Right, now," the man said, coming to a sudden halt and turning back to them. "We get in the boats now - three to one boat - and off up to the castle. Come on, come on, we haven't got all night!"
Jack looked around the man and saw that they were on the shore of a large, black lake. Several tiny wooden boats were lined up on this shore, and the students were already clambering into them. Jack glanced back to make sure Donovan would follow him, and started towards the boats.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:02 pm
Donovan steadily tried to keep an even pace, the nervousness he felt somehow not finding it's self up onto his face. The others looked just as worried, but he did his best not to be like them. Every now and then his eyes would flash in the direction of the girl he'd seen before. She had been in a group of four, and she had been noticably voted out for the boat trip. In a huff, she was shuffled into Donovan and Jack's group. Though she clearly wasn't happy about being with total strangers she reluctantly went alng for the ride.  

Ashley-Damei

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:52 am
((I'm really really REALLY sorry about the long delay; I thought I'd be able to get on much sooner, but our Internet is rather expensive right now so I can't do anything online unless it's related to school. Today is an exception, but I can't promise when the next time I can get on will be, so it might be a while before my next reply. A thousand apologies sweatdrop ))

Jack clambered into the little boat after Donovan and the girl who had joined them. He tried giving her a friendly smile by way of greeting, but only managed a slight twitch of his lips. Instead, he settled back as the boats lurched forward of their own accord and began to cross the dark lake. Jack gasped as he craned his neck back and saw the huge castle draw near. Towers, turrets, thousands of lit windows. Silhouetted against the dark September sky, it looked like a looming dragon with many heads. A frightening dragon, but a strangely friendly one as well.
At long last, they reached the other side of the lake and clambered out onto the grass in front of the great stone steps that led to the front doors. The stooped man who had led them beckoned them further, leading the way up to the huge wooden doors. The first-years clambered up after him, and he knocked on the doors with the huge brass knocker.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:48 pm
(( eek Meep! I totally thought this thread wa dead and didn't come back. gonk I am so sorry!!
But still, I have grown bored of the Harry Potter scene and am debating on whether or not I should quit the guild. If you are still interested in the RP then I'll stay, but at the cost of severe writer's block sad
PM me with your thoughts.))  

Ashley-Damei

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items