Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply Female Forum [ONLY FEMALES]
Life as a Muslim woman. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you proud of being a muslimah?
  Of course!
View Results

crazyleochic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:22 pm
I'm very very proud to be a muslim woman ^^
@ Duckling, I can understand very well how you feel after what you've first learned about this sort of stuff from western media etc, I'm american, and a convert to Islam, and before I really did my research on this faith, I was of a similar mindset. It's great that you're asking questions though, and learning.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:30 pm
crazyleochic
@ Duckling, I can understand very well how you feel after what you've first learned about this sort of stuff from western media etc, I'm american, and a convert to Islam, and before I really did my research on this faith, I was of a similar mindset. It's great that you're asking questions though, and learning.

well I am happy that you have found Islam!! Btw. Are you knew here I haven't seen you before.  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

crazyleochic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:05 am
I've been on here for a while, but I kind of 'forgot' about my gaia account for a while smile I used to post a whole lot, but I get lazy with it sometimes smile
though I'm probably the oldest person in this guild biggrin

RANDOM person: Not older than me ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:04 pm
Bharatiyaa_ larki
crazyleochic

well I am happy that you have found Islam!! Btw. Are you knew here I haven't seen you before.

* sorry wrong new.. hehe  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:05 pm
crazyleochic
I've been on here for a while, but I kind of 'forgot' about my gaia account for a while smile I used to post a whole lot, but I get lazy with it sometimes smile
though I'm probably the oldest person in this guild biggrin

RANDOM person: Not older than me ninja

oh ok!! blaugh blaugh blaugh
I thought I saw you on here but I wasn't quite sure  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:10 am
yeah smile I gotta stop being so lazy and remember to sign into gaia more often biggrin  

crazyleochic

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:20 pm
crazyleochic
yeah smile I gotta stop being so lazy and remember to sign into gaia more often biggrin

lol smile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:41 pm
I'm proud to be a Muslimah as well! @duckling, I'm also a Muslim convert living in the US. I used to completely accept society, & I, like you was very modest already. But thanks for being ready to learn. I'm glad I was & I found Allah & a much better way of living for me.  

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200

II J3N II

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:32 pm
I'm most definitely proud of being a Muslima. Even though I can't walk around with my hair out and dressed in as revealing clothes as all the non believers, but I look at it this way: Earth is in a way? Like hell to most believers because of the limitations they have; however, it is like heaven to the non believers because they do as they please and wear as they please without fear of Allah (Swt) BUT in the hereafter we will be the ones to prosper. The hereafter is eternity not like life on earth. So our heaven will not only be better? But it'll last forever so I look at it this way and I say to myself, "It's worth it." Not just that? But I don't mind it at all? Whether it be because I'm used to it? or just cause I simply enjoy it.. nothing but good comes out of what we women do and go through in our lives as young Muslimas. We will all be rewarded abundantly in there hereafter insha'allah <3  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:47 pm
-smiles- Mashallah.  

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200

chocolatechip_pistachio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:35 am
ugly_Duckling_17
.......okay......then if you all think that why am i under the odd thoughts that women are jenerally unhappy being muslim? Personally i am pro female and against nearly all males - most of em ar pervs and oppressive. They are arrogent and all too, so i am just honestly confused when you say you like being a muslim woman.....i was always told that in muslim society men were the dominating force in society and women were little more then objects.

well waht you heard was wrong that happened in the times before islam and then islam came about and gave women the right to do anything they pleased it gave us status (because u are well respected by men) it freed them from oppression by men, in islam women are equal to men maybe even better, if they think we are oppressed because we wear a veil and do not wear revealing clothes they are are wrong. taht is why i am proud to be a muslim.k surprised i am surprised that they are people who think like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:03 am
ugly_Duckling_17
whitemagesarah
ugly_Duckling_17

Thank you for informing me of my mistake. But in my own opinion i could never wear your Tradional (?) (correct me if i am wrong) clothing. I do not understand many of your customs either, only what i have heard. maybe my view is wrong, that i have been pressed into thinking a certain way, but i am willing to change that if you are willing to teach me. I am sorry if i come off being pig headed - i can be very stubborn - but i am only repeating what i have heard.

I feel genuinely touched and happy that you are interested smile I understand what you feel about being stubborn, if you are not used to something, it would seem strange and you can only rely on sources that are sometimes biased for your information. I hope we can all learn to respect each other's customs and religion.

Yes, it is a traditional clothing in Malaysia, called the Baju Kurung. Maybe for those not used to the garments it seems uncomfortable, but we wear it most of the time, in the hot weather. And the best thing about wearing such garments is you do not have to worry about your hair or skin getting damaged in the heat of the sun 3nodding For other countries, there are other types of garments which is acceptable according to Islam.

For Muslims, the syari'ah (or Islamic laws) are different from customs. Muslims are allowed to practice the local customs of a nation only if it does not clash with syari'ah.

The proper Muslimah attire should be as demonstrated with the figure below (for my dear Muslimah sisters, please feel free to add anything else that I may have missed):

User Image

Thank you. It almost resembles what nuns wear to me, maybe to you it does not, i am not saying it is a bad thing. I'm sure if nuns put up with it, and the wear all black even in the heat, then i has to have some comfort. Ane personally i put comfort over fashion anytime. anyway i personally do not need to worry about showing alll the unnessessary skin since i tend to feel uncomfortable if i show to much. maybe thats me, but for exampe i have to have at least my shoulders to my elbows covered - it feels odd to have them uncovered. Don't know why, but it does.

On the other hand i am really clumsy at times so i would be worried i'd trip over andything similar to a dress. And i would never wear a skirt since here in the U.S skirts never seem to be made to go done to the knees or below.

Yes i am mocking my country since we seem to be....how do i say it....selfish, self obsorbed, snobby, bossy, slutty, peoples. Okay there happen to be a few exceptions but a majority of us are like that.

wow never expected that but its cool to know that you r really open minded lol  

chocolatechip_pistachio

fancy hossasm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:41 pm
Very normal life like any women .
Not big deal .  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:43 pm
Sorry , didn't notice that this is only Female .
I apologize .  

fancy hossasm

Female Forum [ONLY FEMALES]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas