Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Metro 2033

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:53 pm
I saw a teaser for this game awhile ago, and since I hadn't seen a topic on this game yet, I figured I'd make one.

Based on a science fiction novel of the same name by Dmitry Glukhovsky, you play as the survivor of some kind of apocalyptic event, living in the metro tunnels under Moscow, fighting to protect you underground city from mutants, other humans, ect. Kinda sounds like Fallout with some added survival horror and the distinct flavor of borst.

Slated for release on the PC and Xbox 360 later this year.

Check out the game's official site here:
http://metro2033game.com/us

Not much more than a trialer at this point, but I'm really looking forward to this one. Anyway, discuss.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:47 pm
I saw this in OXM last year. I don't know if anyone else is tired of the Post Apocalyptic theme yet, but I know I'm not! This and Rage is what I am looking forward to. Hopefully they release in 2011 because there are too many games this year between the 360 and the Wii.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:19 pm
Tron714
I saw this in OXM last year. I don't know if anyone else is tired of the Post Apocalyptic theme yet, but I know I'm not! This and Rage is what I am looking forward to. Hopefully they release in 2011 because there are too many games this year between the 360 and the Wii.

I'm the same way! As a writer, I do a lot of science fiction, and its gotten to the point where all I do is make a story in some kind of post-apocalyptic scenario. Consequentially, after putting probably some 50 characters through hell on paper, its kinda nice to go at it simulated. I'm also looking forward to Rage, but after so many post-apocalyptic in an arid desert setting, it'll be nice for the change of setting. As for the release, I wanna say a site connected to the official site says its coming out in March 2010I'm just glad that by that point I'll have had Mass Effect 2 for a month.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:04 pm
Tron714

Post apoc is cool, but it's like the new world war 2, ninjas, or zombies. Tons and tons of content related to it is coming out, and most of it just isn't good.  

nitnit
Captain

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:06 pm
nitnit
Tron714

Post apoc is cool, but it's like the new world war 2, ninjas, or zombies. Tons and tons of content related to it is coming out, and most of it just isn't good.

Gaming fads can be real double edged swords. I mean unlike WW2, there's many ways you can go about it, but unfortunately you get the same result, being that the world has ended and you survived yada-yada-yada. As to whether this one will be good or not, I'm keeping my fingers crossed lol.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games