my weaboo side kicked in.....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:04 pm
And I bought a katana. Not a real one, unfortunately - I didn't have that kind of money, and they don't sell REAL bladed weapons at anime conventions- but a pretty decent replica for $20. It's almost as good as the ones that were being sold for far more (closer to $100), and with some proper sharpening, it can be made into a weapon.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:52 pm
Was it produced dull, or dulled after being produced? If it was produced dull, it'll never be as sharp as if it were made sharp. It can still get fairly lethal, of course.  

Widuhun

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:08 pm
It was produced dull. And I know this, but that doesn't mean I can't make it sharp enough to cause serious injuries. But I'm not going to. I'd rather spend the money to buy a real katana than have someone ruin the replica by grinding it's edge into a cutting edge.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:16 pm
Hey, there's nothing wrong with a decorative piece. What're we talking here, chromed? Black? Pix?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Widuhun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:19 pm
I don't like the black bladed katanas. They just don't look right.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:28 pm
Well wall-hangers have their place. I'm sure you picked out a nice-looking one, just don't ever consider it a weapon. It's as much of a weapon as an airsoft gun. Less so, actually. It's a weapon in the way a stick is a weapon.

I mean I'm not knocking them (yes I am) I have a few, actually. But now that I have two real genuine, cutting swords I really don't look on my wall-hangers with any regard.

You can get a decent real sword for about $150.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:13 pm
ArmasTermin
Well wall-hangers have their place. I'm sure you picked out a nice-looking one, just don't ever consider it a weapon. It's as much of a weapon as an airsoft gun. Less so, actually. It's a weapon in the way a stick is a weapon.

I mean I'm not knocking them (yes I am) I have a few, actually. But now that I have two real genuine, cutting swords I really don't look on my wall-hangers with any regard.

You can get a decent real sword for about $150.
I'd consider it more of a weapon. Plastic pellets are annoying, a steel bar to the face can bring a man to the floor.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:33 pm
My God, I just found out- my sword is a replica from The Last Samurai. You know, that Tom Cruise movie that didn't suck horribly?

Also, pix to follow, eventually.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Shrantic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:46 am
ArmasTermin
I'm pretty sure Magellan and his crew got their asses kicked pretty hard in the Philippines by people using sticks as weapons.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:36 am
Shrantic
ArmasTermin
I'm pretty sure Magellan and his crew got their asses kicked pretty hard in the Philippines by people using sticks as weapons.
Don't forget the Maori. They spent a couple thousand years killing each other with clubs.  

Widuhun

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:12 pm
Fresnel
Hey, there's nothing wrong with a decorative piece. What're we talking here, chromed? Black? Pix?
My sister has a pair of chromed katanas. They were produced sharp though. I find it kinda funny though. She ruined the finish because she tried to clean the blade with alcohol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:37 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
My sister has a pair of chromed katanas. They were produced sharp though. I find it kinda funny though. She ruined the finish because she tried to clean the blade with alcohol.
I..... I can't see any legitimate reason to put chrome on a katana. If it needs something other than steel, it's not worth getting.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:14 am
Requiem in Mortis
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
I..... I can't see any legitimate reason to put chrome on a katana. If it needs something other than steel, it's not worth getting.
It's the same reason you chrome-line a barrel. It's extremely resistant to oxidization, and it's harder than steel.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games