Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply Ancient Road_____________-__________ RP Section
How to RP Properly! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did this help?
  Yes
  No!!
View Results

Princess Zelda21
Crew

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:33 pm
These are some very important examples of what RP paragraphs should look like for each skill level of writing from beginner, semi-literate on up to literate writing. This is taken from a thread in my own RP guild. Please ask me permission before using this content in your own RP guild and don't just outright steal without giving me proper credit either! This is very important! I can't stress this enough! (Paragraphs written by: Spartan Forger.)

EXAMPLES OF ROLEPLAYING TYPES:

BEGINNER:
A person who writes no more than a one line sentence in their post. Example: The Hero's Shade looked upon the on coming hoards of monsters, all the while, readying his sword for the combat to come.

SEMI-LITERATE RP:
A person who writes between one to four paragraphs in their post. Example: The Hero's shade stood his ground, fending off attacks from the closest enemy first before counter-attacking and moving onto the next one. He did not know how many monsters he had already slain, but there was still more to come. The minutes few by as he continued to work his way through the hoards of enemies, trying to find the source of where they were coming from. Since he knew no rest, nothing would stop him from reaching the source of the monster's power.

LITERATE RP:
A person who writes about four or more paragraphs in their post. Example: The Hero's shade stood his ground, fending off attacks from the closest enemy first before counter-attacking and moving onto the next one. He did not know how many monsters he had already slain, but there was still more to come. The minutes few by as he continued to work his way through the hoards of enemies, trying to find the source of where they were coming from. Since he knew no rest, nothing would stop him from reaching the source of the monster's power.

There seemed to be no end to the monsters. As the Hero's Shade slew one, two more seem to take their place, these two would also be stronger than the last and be able to take more hits. To him, it seemed like a losing battle as he continued to slay one monster after another. What their reason for attacking, he was unsure.

All the Hero's Shade could see was waves upon, waves of new foes, each stronger than the last. Very soon, they would be able to over power him with ease that is, until a flash of light shot across the battlefield. There was an explosion of light that made the hero's shade cover his eyes. Standing where, moments ago, a group of Darknuts had been, was a man clothed in green. In this man's left hand was the fabled blade, the Master Sword and his right hand held a blue shield bearing the winged Triforce, a symbol of the royal family.

The man clothed in green stood up, and turned to look at the monster behind him. They regained their senses and charged upon the man. The man smiled then slashed once, causing a great wave of light to slice though the enemies with no effort. The wave passed through the first row of monsters, completely destroying them, then continued to move through all the enemies behind him. The man then did the same for the monster who tried to turn and run from him.

The whole while, the Hero's Shade watched in wonder. As the wave passed though himself, it did not harm him, but did destroy the enemies around him. After a few minutes, all the monsters had been slain and the man, whom was now a hero in the eyes of the hero's shade, lifted his blade and pointed to the sky. He vanished in a flash of light, leaving the Hero's Shade alone to wonder whom he had been. The Hero's Shade decided after that, that he would train the next hero to save Hyrule as he himself had done so long ago and how this man clothed in green had just done in front of his very eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:57 pm
Princess Zelda21
I'm going to add in some examples of what RP paragraphs should look like for each skill level of writing from beginner, semi-literate on up to literate writing. This is taken from a thread in my own RP guild. Please ask me permission before using this content in your own RP guild and don't just outright steal without giving me proper credit either! This is very important! I can't stress this enough!

EXAMPLES OF ROLEPLAYING TYPES:

BEGINNER:
A person who writes no more than a one line sentence in their post. Example: The Hero's Shade looked upon the on coming hoards of monsters, all the while, readying his sword for the combat to come.

SEMI-LITERATE RP:
A person who writes between one to four paragraphs in their post. Example: The Hero's shade stood his ground, fending off attacks from the closest enemy first before counter-attacking and moving onto the next one. He did not know how many monsters he had already slain, but there was still more to come. The minutes few by as he continued to work his way through the hoards of enemies, trying to find the source of where they were coming from. Since he knew no rest, nothing would stop him from reaching the source of the monster's power.

LITERATE RP:
A person who writes about four or more paragraphs in their post. Example: The Hero's shade stood his ground, fending off attacks from the closest enemy first before counter-attacking and moving onto the next one. He did not know how many monsters he had already slain, but there was still more to come. The minutes few by as he continued to work his way through the hoards of enemies, trying to find the source of where they were coming from. Since he knew no rest, nothing would stop him from reaching the source of the monster's power.

There seemed to be no end to the monsters. As the Hero's Shade slew one, two more seem to take their place, these two would also be stronger than the last and be able to take more hits. To him, it seemed like a losing battle as he continued to slay one monster after another. What their reason for attacking, he was unsure.

All the Hero's Shade could see was waves upon, waves of new foes, each stronger than the last. Very soon, they would be able to over power him with ease that is, until a flash of light shot across the battlefield. There was an explosion of light that made the hero's shade cover his eyes. Standing where, moments ago, a group of Darknuts had been, was a man clothed in green. In this man's left hand was the fabled blade, the Master Sword and his right hand held a blue shield bearing the winged Triforce, a symbol of the royal family.

The man clothed in green stood up, and turned to look at the monster behind him. They regained their senses and charged upon the man. The man smiled then slashed once, causing a great wave of light to slice though the enemies with no effort. The wave passed through the first row of monsters, completely destroying them, then continued to move through all the enemies behind him. The man then did the same for the monster who tried to turn and run from him.

The whole while, the Hero's Shade watched in wonder. As the wave passed though himself, it did not harm him, but did destroy the enemies around him. After a few minutes, all the monsters had been slain and the man, whom was now a hero in the eyes of the hero's shade, lifted his blade and pointed to the sky. He vanished in a flash of light, leaving the Hero's Shade alone to wonder whom he had been. The Hero's Shade decided after that, that he would train the next hero to save Hyrule as he himself had done so long ago and how this man clothed in green had just done in front of his very eyes.

Thank you for the contribution to the guild. I wish to talk on Role Play matters if you're interested. If you are, send me a message. If not, then ignore this quote. Thank you again.  

R0bot0
Crew

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
Ancient Road_____________-__________ RP Section

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash