Am I the only one...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:25 pm
...who likes the series but is so totally sick of hearing about it every goddamn day?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:45 pm
Eh I'm not in Highschool anymore so I don't have to hear about it everyday anymore but yeah I still love the series but I burned myself out on the books about a year ago from rereading them to close together. I'll still go see the movies but I haven't read the books in over a year now.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

nine-step waltz

Tipsy Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:34 pm
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
No, you're not. I love the books, but people won't shut up about it both online and at school. One of the younger kids rants how she hates it constantly (but has never read it) and another has a LIFE SIZE CUT OUT of Robert Patterson which she rants about having. I don't think she's read it either. -_-
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:08 pm
Trust me you're not. I haven't been in school for almost three years. I work with people who are in their thirties and older. I still have to hear about it all the time. I started reading it when i was in school. but i read it again after which started a craze there. I had sparked a monster. I hated the first movie, the second was decent and Kristen's acting sucks dishwater.  

Aradia Helevorn

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:13 pm
It's just so damn annoying. D:

I'm glad I'm not the only one though. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:36 pm
Aradia Helevorn
Trust me you're not. I haven't been in school for almost three years. I work with people who are in their thirties and older. I still have to hear about it all the time. I started reading it when i was in school. but i read it again after which started a craze there. I had sparked a monster. I hated the first movie, the second was decent and Kristen's acting sucks dishwater.

My mom and a friend of hers agree with me that Kristin's acting is the same in every movie and they could have found someone prettier to be Bella. She doesn't like Kristin or Rob that much. She says neither one is good with dealing with People so they're kinda rude to everyone and I have to agree. Rob is so crass it's terrible.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:54 pm
I wouldn't mind hearing about it so much if people were having intelligent, substantial conversations/debates about the books. But mostly, all I hear is people either bashing the books (with or without good reasons) or the stereotypical obsessed fangirl "OMGz Twiliiiihgt EdwardCullen!!!!!1111."

So, to answer the question, yes, I'm tired of hearing about it, but I wouldn't be if people were having actual conversations about it. Also, I AM tired of seeing Robert and Kristen all over every magazine cover. There's only so many times I want to read stupid articles about their supposed secret romance or any other trivial things going on in their lives. Again, if it were real news, I would be fine, even happy about it. The problem is, it almost never is real news. *sigh*

I couldn't agree more that Kristen's acting is horrible. I don't really care that she's not "pretty" enough (and actually, I think she IS kind of pretty - maybe she would look better if she weren't such a zombie all the time), but I definitely have issues with her (lack of) acting.

I'm not sure I like Rob's interpretation of Edward, but at least he ACTS.

And I agree that neither Rob nor Kristen seems to be very classy when it comes to dealing with other people. I get that Kristen wants to look like a rebel, and Rob is kind of the loner/misfit type of guy, but seriously, they both need to work on their people skills. jmho.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:48 pm
thats exactly my point to. mostly it's the fangirl nonsense that drives me insane. they go on and on about how attractive Rob is. (i personally think he's gross) and it's even more annoying because only reason people say that is because he's playing edward, who is supose to be like a god. Rob being the visual personification of that character, he gets that description whether it's fact or not. kinda like how people will follow fashions even if they don't like them. although I too don't like his interpritation, (too brooding in my opinion) he can act. Kristen on the other hand. UGH! i mean, i can understand not picking the most pretty girl ever cause Bella is supose to be normal looking. enough to blend in. Maybe it's also just because i've always pictured bella to have a kind, sweet face rather than kristen's exausted and very irritable features. I couldn't see bella sitting in a dark alley smoking but Kristen fits the image perfect. Then add her horrible acting to the mixture, makes me cringe. In highschool i saw better acting in my theatre classes than anything that she's ever done. when i heard she was playing bella in the first one i nearly boycotted the movie but i didn't cause i told a friend i'd go with her. otherwize i wouldn't have.  

Aradia Helevorn

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:57 pm
I agree and I personally thing that Rob is cuter as Cedric Diggory than Edward Cullen. My favorite of the vampire brothers in looks would have to be Jackson Rathbone as Jasper on who portrays their character the best I would say Kellan Lutz as Emmet. To me he just is Emmet with the way he acts. As for Bella I haven't been impressed because as my mom says Bella actually has to be a lot prettier than we're lead to believe or she wouldn't have so many guys falling over her even if it is a small town and she's a new girl. It doesn't work that way trust me. I live in a very small town and whenever we got a new girl if she wasn't cute the guys would ignore her like they did a lot of the other girls that weren't in their group or they hadn't grown up with. Besides they could have found a better Bella. I don't have many qualms about the other actors mainly Rob and Kristin. Everyone else seems to actually fit their characters to me.

Did anyone like the way they portrayed Edward in New Moon having her see an illusion of him? I didn't.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:24 pm
I kind of liked how they portrayed her as seeing an illusion of him. And even if I didn't, they kind of didn't have a choice. If they had just had her hearing his voice, like in the books, then people who hadn't read the books might have been confused as to what was going on. Doing the illusion thing made it completely obvious to everyone in the audience what was going on. And anyway, having a visual hallucination isn't such a big leap from having an auditory one in terms of staying true to the book, so I didn't really have a problem with it. Why didn't you like it?

I personally wasn't happy with a lot of the casting for the Cullens. I've mostly gotten used to it, but I still wish they had picked different people for some of them. It's hard to tell with the limited lines they have, but I think Emmett, Jasper, and Esme are all okay actors. I don't necessarily agree with their interpretations of their characters (especially Jasper and Esme), and I think they all could have done a little better acting-wise, but at least I don't cringe watching them the way I do when I watch Kristen Stewart. I think Alice is pretty good - I like her a lot better in New Moon than in Twilight, and that might have to do with the change in directors. The two Cullens who I think have the best performances are Rosalie and Carlisle. Neither of them look how I picture them, but they act exactly how I picture them (especially Rosalie), and that's fantastic. I wish they could have found someone younger for Carlisle though...Like I said, I love Peter Facinelli's performance, but let's face it, Carlisle is supposed to be 23, and Peter's what, late 30s, early 40s? That was a bit too much of a stretch.

I totally second Aradia Helevorn that I pictured Bella with a sweet, innocent face, and Kristen's perpetually ticked-off face just doesn't cut it for me. And I agree, I've seen better acting performances from people in my high school's drama productions than I've seen out of Kristen Stewart.

*Sigh* If only they'd known how big of a hit this was going to be, I'm sure they would have found different people. Or if only MTV hadn't wanted to make so many changes, they would have made it, and they could've afforded better people. I bet they're really kicking themselves now...  

Glitterbean

Aradia Helevorn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:27 am
My favorite that i think they did well was Alice and my least is obviously Bella (although even as a fictional character i'm not really a fan. Too perfect= completely unrealistic and making her clumsy don't make her more believable.) but I agree that they did Emmett really well and Rosalie. Jasper's ok but my image of him is a little different, acting wise perfectly fine. I'm just wondering what on earth they were thinking when they cast the leads? Although I am glad they stayed with Taylor for Jacob. he worked really hard to keep his role so i think he's earned it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:28 am
I love Alice she was just awesome. I'm wondering about Eclipse because it will also have a different director than New Moon. I thought New Moon stuck to the book a bit more than Twilight did especially when it came to adding scenes in. They didn't add that many that weren't in the book and the ones they did were believable. Except for Alice's Vision I didn't like the way Bella looked in that one and I hated the dress as well it didn't look right to me. Taylor is also awesome. If they were going to case some relatively unknowns for the part they should have given Rob and Kristin lessons on how to react in public places and what to say to reporters fans and other people. I have not been impressed with how those two portray their characters or handle interviews in the least.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Aradia Helevorn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:59 pm
I agree, they both need a publicist to sort out all the garbage...  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games