Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Cross to Eden

Back to Guilds

A guild focused on obeying Gods word. If you dont want to live a life of godliness for Christ then this is not the guild for you! 

Tags: Christian, Bible, Cross, Jesus, Eden 

Reply A Cross to Eden
...a bad habit getting worse...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Berenich Machavian

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:09 am
the holy spirit was given to the apostles to spread the word of Truth amongst the ignorant, love among the spiteful, and brotherhood amidst division. This truth was passed unto those men by the sacrifice of Jesus. and in this spirit of sharing enlightenment, they shared it with people, who again passed down the Truth of the Spirit and the word of God through the gospel down through human history. So why is it now that we are so inclined to hold onto the Spirit like some commodity that can only be traded? are we unlike the apostles? are we not flesh and bone? have we not been enlightened with the same knowledge they have through their efforts? pardon me if I am wrong, but would that not make it our job to continue that which God started so long ago? know we better than He what to do with the Spirit He gave us? what I'm talking about here, in short, is that we seem to horde our enlightenment, our own little piece of the Spirit which God gave us. He passed it down this far, not to die, brothers and sisters, but that we, his chosen, keep passing his word on. it is our duty to bring the nonbelievers before His word, and before God himself, so that their sins can be repented for, that their misgivings forgiven by Him. so i will close asking: "Why?" Why are we so content a people of God now that we feel we cannot spread His word to the next generation? God gave us the ability to witness in His name. Why have we stopped using it? all I ask is we begin again the ways of the old apostles. let not the false prophets distort the word of God, instead, spread the enlightenment of the Gospel, and let each and all of us come to walk together in Christ again. thank you for your time.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:31 am
Here's some verses to go along with it.

Luke 9:25-27 (New International Version)
25What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self? 26If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. 27I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God."  

Ransom3d

XLeoxLady07X

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:08 pm
Honestly dear, the thing is that most people now have come to where they have forgotten about what God's ORIGINAL messages were.
With all the twisting them around and making them sound like their not supposed to, It's hard to get people to get to follow his direct commands when you come across the "well i've heard it this way" and "i've been taught this way" and so you have to practically yell scriptures at someone to get them to listen to you now... It's sad, i know. I've tried to talk about the Lord to those friends that i have that don't believe, and if i can't come up with a viable argument, i'm out of luck. But the thing you can't forget is that people now reward persistence and loyalty. 3nodding Be true to yourself and your faith, never break and give up on those people. We are told to love those who don't believe as well as those that do. Its a matter of vigalince dear, thats all it is. heart
~Leo

A Cross to Eden

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff