Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Bethesda's MMO Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:44 pm
This makes me cry crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:48 pm
if there's going to be an elder scrolls mmo please for the love of all that is cruel and dark don't have a wow combat system...oh and have a mute all button..that sounds good...and maybe the option to play alone...maybe even all world pvp biggrin ....kill them if they spam...kill them good...  

Niaxus

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:52 pm
Yes. Now more and more people shall see how Bethesda really doesn't care if they destroy the integrity of a franchise just to churn out a buck.

Also, Niaxus, I really don't understand what you're complaining about. Almost every single MMO ever made has that sort of "combat system". WoW's is actually one of the most fluid out there, only really rivaled by the likes of Aion.

If you don't like that "combat system" then look away from most MMOs, except for the unusual ones like Eve.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:58 pm
i just dont like it is all >> just my opinion... and why are you putting quotation on combat system?...anyway ive imagined an mmo with elder scrolls like gameplay...and now i want one :  

Niaxus

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:58 pm
Elder Scrolls like gameplay as in Daggerfall, Morrowind or Oblivion? They all have very different combat.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:59 pm
=-= i mean like first person or third person sword to sword combat without all the targeting and mashing skill icons and what not...anything like that is good  

Niaxus

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:03 am
Well you said elder scrolls and they're all different =P

You mean something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5eikU4ZD4k  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:06 am
close and i like that whole need to actually focus on where they are attacking from and what not...but they are standing completely still targeting each other... i dont think if two people are fighting with swords they are going to stand COMPLETELY STILL and wave them around :/  

Niaxus

Niaxus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:08 am
god dammit...two in the morning? ******** gtg -.-  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:32 am
If you ever played WoW, you'd know that in high level PvP people rarely ever stand still, unless they're casting a spell.  

nitnit
Captain

Niaxus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:13 am
ya i know that...the jump around because they think it will help them avoid attacks because the enemy wont have line of sight...even tho this is useful the enemy in term usually does the same thing giving no one a hit and the only damage done is by someone else or if they are a tiny bit slower then you when mashing wasd over and over and over...ive played wow and still do...i just don't like the combat...it is good but it could be much better -.-  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:50 pm
If they did make a TES MMO, they'd better not make it possible to "break" the game, such as with the Chain Spells.

And for those not familiar with Chain Spells, they follow formats like this:

Invisible for 2 seconds
Magicka +100 points for 2 seconds
Drain Health 10 points for 2 seconds on touch
Frost Damage 10 points for 2 seconds on touch
Shock Damage 10 points for 2 seconds on touch  

pathetic_negi_magician

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:15 pm
I doubt they'll allow people to make their own spells in the MMO. Custom spells/enhancements are usually the most overpowered things in those games.

I'd be more worried that they'll scale all of the other players levels to your own =P  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:41 pm
No matter what, they will never be as good as daggerfall, truly a piece of art crying  

The Ginger Dude

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces