Welcome to Gaia! ::

Geocaching Guild

Back to Guilds

A high tech treasure hunting game using handheld GPS units. 

Tags: geocaching, hiking, camping, treasure, adventure 

Reply Geocaching Guild
Cool cache containers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:20 pm
Sometimes the cache container itself is really cool, especially if it is something besides the usual tupperware or ammo box. The coolest one I've ever seen was a Japanese cache called "Waterfall of Nunobiki."

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=e54da75a-7650-4cb3-b912-9fc1d94f5bf0

The main cache container there was a handmade wooden shrine that included a bamboo (or small reed) roof and wooden doors with a sliding bolt lock. It was securely fastened to the back side of a tree outside a mountainside lookout railing. The front side of the tree had a stray guardian cat living under a tied down umbrella with a patch of carpeting as a floor.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:16 pm
One of the coolest caches containers I have ever found was one called "Birdwatchers Delight". The cache is hidden in a fake bird in a bird's nest. You have to use a rope and pulley system to get the cache down. The only reason I found it the first time was someone was there before me and I saw him get it.  

DenvoPryde

3,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

7raindrops

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:31 pm
There is a cache called 'the postman won't deliver here'

It's a mailbox all burried but the opening that is hidden. Also I think that there is one near me that is a fake bird in a birdhouse.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:19 am
I found one that was a fake access panel on the side of a parking lot light post. It was held on magnetically and had only a flatten piece of paper inside.  

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

7raindrops

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:27 am
Just foud a really pretty cache it was like an old cookie tin with a pattern on it  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:13 pm
Just found part of a series of caches yesterday. The series is called 'Trail Watcher' One would think that meant that you had to watch the trail. However, the cache owner had cut out the stomachs of cheap plastic dinosaurs and fit film canisters within...so the containers ended up being the actual 'watchers'!

In Texas there was a cache I never got around to finding. I saw it, but I never found it. It was a wood-constructed box in someone's front yard at the end of their driveway...and you could actually see it in the superzoom on google maps!  

Arianna Lithenbourne

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Celandina

Merry Mystic

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:15 pm
The coolest cache I found was a magnetised screw on a sign post near a dog park. It was hollowed out and there was a piece of paper in it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:26 pm
Today I hit a Park & Grab outside an Indiana IHOP. The container was hidden under the bolt cover for a lamp post and the container itself looked like a Duracell battery that unscrewed at the bottom. Pretty nifty.  

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

7raindrops

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:34 pm
I found one the other day that was in a weird plastic plug that fit inside a hole that was for a bolt in a newspaper stand  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:29 am
i saw a video about one in greensey, it looked like a tap but was actually a secret drawer...the plot thickens...

s1lverb0a

5,750 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

7raindrops

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:03 pm
Found one called Yellow Communicator.

It was a magnet that looked exactly like the long distance/ information paper that they have on every phone. The back was just a peice of paper  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:56 pm
I've only ever seen this one on Youtube, but it's amazing. I need to try caching in other countries lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0akNsJTMug&playnext=1&list=PLAD99CF4BAECF692A&feature=results_video  

MizSeri

Geocaching Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff