Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
The Elevator

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MaisSkyss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:00 pm
The elevator door was closing. Sam couldn't see it, being that the 32-year old walked outside the corporate building. The sands of time were slipping quick from this business woman's grasp. She lifted her right arm and checked the single piece of jewlry donning her left hand- a watch. She could feel it- the inevitability of being late. And though every bone in her body began to groan at the thought of exercise, her high heels punded the pavement as she made a break for that last elevator allowing her to still be considered on time.

The building's door burst open. Sam waved to the security guard sitting at the front desk; he was well acquainted with Sam's morning ritual. Everyday she ran, and everyday she failed to make the elevator. He also observed that although most women couldn't even run in heels while wearing pants, Sam glided swiftly along in her 3-inch-high needle points and knee-high skirt.

She quickly calculated how long it would take her to reach to elevator; the door would close before she even turned the corner. Still, her footsteps pounded through the empty lobby to the empty hallway. Her accountant's briefcase swung dangerously along side her, threatening to harm anyone interrupting her morning workout.

A long screech rang through the doorways as Sam skid 'round the corner. At the end of the corridor, her eyes beheld an amazing sight. THe doors were closing, but it sitll sat there. Sam made a break for it. Her long legs strode as her semi-heavy chest bounced, her whole body thrown forward at the hopes of reaching the doors.

Sam thrust her hand forward, barely wedging it between the metal trap before it sprung. THe auto-sensors triggered, causing the door to open. Sam bent over in victory; she decided it better to catch her breath now, rather than try to breathe while standing shoved between bad-breath guy and needs-stronger-deoderant-man.

Hands still on knees, Sam flicked her eyes up to count how many people she'd be stuck with on this awkward, 3-minute ride. Instead, she only found one.

The man stood leaning on the side of the elevator, hands in pockets, simply waiting. He waited as though he had waited all his life. He couldn't have been a day shy of fourty, and the decorations on his uniform suggested that most of that time was spent with the air force. As her eyes made contact with his, she saw something hidden. A secrete lay beneath the surface of this man; one that made his eyes smile with malacious intent. Sam stood up.

She stepped onto the elevator.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:21 am
Ooh! I like! Is this all or is it part of a story you're writing? You didn't give us any history before posting it. Tell us a little about it, how you came up with it, etc. 3nodding  

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

MaisSkyss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:13 pm
Oops, sorry. This is a short story, that's all there is to it. I wanted every word to mean something, like a poem, only with a little more substance.

The two characters are loosely based off of two characters in the show Stargate SG-1. Well, the guy completely is but that's because he really doesn't mean much. He's just an object of sexual worship. Am I allowed to say that?

Anywho, I wanted the girl to be a business woman, someone who doesn't usually think about her social life, and how she thinks she's running out of time- like how more women at mid-thirty are rushing around trying to marry whoever they can just so they aren't lonely.

I kinda feel the same way. I'm a junior and I've never really had a boyfriend (okay I went out with this one guy for a week, but that was out of sympathy and I only saw him the one day. I don't count that.). I've never even been kissed.

I wrote this in hopes of cheering myself up. I wanted to convey that feeling of inevitability, of disire without reward. Hopefully, if I'm patient enough, fate will bring me a boyfriend too.  
The Writing on the Wall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games