7,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:16 pm
Okay.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:25 pm
Just messin'.
I sat in the room while it was on, but I wasn't really paying any attention to it.
I was too busy fixin' food, and writing songs.
Listening to my iPod and stuffs.

ReIevant

Swarovskii

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:30 pm
All I really caught was that he was hoping to have all troops out of Afghanistan by 2011 and to have the Afghani forces trained to defend themselves from terrorists.

I don't really remember what else he talked about. ::shrug::  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:34 pm
i always wonder to myself if its bad no one really cares what the president has to say. lol. cause i find myself not caring much about him  

Eclipse The Righteous

Jared3121

Blessed Prophet

7,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:07 pm
I appreciate everyone's honest answer. I believe that he is trying his best to do what needs to be done. He has a lot of serious things on his plate he needs to deal with but I think with time and work all will come through.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:13 pm
Oh, another thing he said he wanted to do was hold a monthly meeting with the Senate to discuss issues at hand. I thought that was p. cool.

And it is really sad that people don't care what he has to say. That's part of the reason our country is in the mess it is. People don't care, therefor they don't vote. Part of your duty as a citizen is to keep up to date on what's going on in our country. It's not required but s**t, it's always nice to know what's going down in your home isn't it?  

Swarovskii

Nymphoseed

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:15 pm
I advise anyone who really wants to know what he talked about to read the transcript. It's word for word what he said minus the ridiculous amount of clapping, biased commentary and super eloquent speech. His arguments and vague and implicit, even for a 70 minute speech. ******** that man can speak well though.

He did however do a few key things in my opinion. I think the frozen spending may be a good idea in the future. It certainly puts a cap of this whole "LIBRA'LS ONLY SPEND SPEND SPEND" thing the neo cons are spewing out. Also, most die hard liberals are against such a notion so it shows he's not a afraid to break away from his party if only a little.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:26 am
What exactly is "frozen spending"? I heard him mention that, but I didn't know exactly what it was.  

Swarovskii

eBoz74
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:13 pm
i watched it and i think highly of him for trying his best to maintain his composure through all of this he was set up for failure and i mean in my eyes he is failing but trying his best not to A for effort 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:12 pm
Lord Quas
What exactly is "frozen spending"? I heard him mention that, but I didn't know exactly what it was.

Essentially it would mean that his administration would no longer do any major government spending; especially in regards to fixing the country's deficit. Also, I don't really think he's failing to be honest. I mean this is more so for the sake of rhetoric but when he took office people were talking about how bad the country's market was and depression was a constantly discussed possibility. At the point we are in now its not even discussed let alone considered a possibility. He's done many good things thus far. Also, he's only been in office a little over a year now.  

Nymphoseed

Ishi Of Tha Beast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:38 pm
Ron Paul for president... !  
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out