Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:53 pm
I just downloaded the Battlefield Bad Company 2 demo for my 360. IT IS ******** AMAZING. GO GET IT NAO!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:37 pm
Is there a PC demo out? I have no 360, and I neither use nor want to use my brother's PS3.  

Variola Major

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:18 am
SERIOUSLY DO WANT! I loved Bad Company as nearly EVERYTHING could be blown up. twisted I do hope there is a split screen multiplayer / co-op in this one.

There is a PC version of the game. There is a beta available, but you have to reserve a copy to get it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:41 am
Man of the Demoneye
There is a PC version of the game. There is a beta available, but you have to reserve a copy to get it.
Damn.  

Variola Major

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:57 am
Yep, Steam is offering it. Pre-purchase/reserve the game, adn you get Beta access till February 25th, and then you also get 6 in-game multiplayer unlocks, whatever those are.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:27 pm
uryu ishida
Yep, Steam is offering it. Pre-purchase/reserve the game, adn you get Beta access till February 25th, and then you also get 6 in-game multiplayer unlocks, whatever those are.

A lot of games now have items (weapons, outfits, maps) and such you can use in multiplayer mode you unlock through campaign and challenge modes.  

war_junky 91

AINGELPROJECT667

Shy Lunatic

5,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trader 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:27 am
uryu ishida

yeah, but steam is kinda...bad at distributing games. They have that whole fiasco where you have to make a Steam acount, and then enter a code that locks the game to that account. That means that if you lose the code or led the game to someone, its practially useless.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:59 pm
AINGELPROJECT667
uryu ishida

yeah, but steam is kinda...bad at distributing games. They have that whole fiasco where you have to make a Steam acount, and then enter a code that locks the game to that account. That means that if you lose the code or led the game to someone, its practially useless.
Uh, they're BAD at distributing games? They're possibly the BIGGEST game distributor around. All of the major game companies are adding similar DRM to their products, with limited installs and uses.

Lose the code and lose the game? Right. I suppose you've never actually used Steam before, have you? You put the code in once. It is not on your account, FOREVER. You NEVER have ot put it in again, no matter how many time you install the game on an infinite number of computers. You can play your games on any computer you want as long as you log in to your account. You can even keep all your saves and settings if the game supports Steam Cloud Sync. Steam takes the DRM ideas of the major companies, and makes it ******** more convenient. A centralized store, and your game is no longer tied to a given COMPUTER, but an account instead. I have all my Steam games on three computers right now.

Oh, and if it's a steam game, chances are, no matter where you get it for PC, you'll STILL need a Steam account and the Steam client.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad. Everyone wants DRM-free games, but that makes no money for the game creation and distribution companies, because few people will buy the games, and then put them out for free download because they don't have to work around the DRM.  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:53 pm
uryu ishida
AINGELPROJECT667
uryu ishida

Uh, they're BAD at distributing games? They're possibly the BIGGEST game distributor around. All of the major game companies are adding similar DRM to their products, with limited installs and uses.

Lose the code and lose the game? Right. I suppose you've never actually used Steam before, have you? You put the code in once. It is not on your account, FOREVER. You NEVER have ot put it in again, no matter how many time you install the game on an infinite number of computers. You can play your games on any computer you want as long as you log in to your account. You can even keep all your saves and settings if the game supports Steam Cloud Sync. Steam takes the DRM ideas of the major companies, and makes it ******** more convenient. A centralized store, and your game is no longer tied to a given COMPUTER, but an account instead. I have all my Steam games on three computers right now.

Oh, and if it's a steam game, chances are, no matter where you get it for PC, you'll STILL need a Steam account and the Steam client.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad. Everyone wants DRM-free games, but that makes no money for the game creation and distribution companies, because few people will buy the games, and then put them out for free download because they don't have to work around the DRM.
Yeah, except once you register the Steam game, you can't give it away and/or sell it. Like when I bought Portal and it wouldn't work on my computer because of a little-known glitch where Orange Box games won't work with Intel graphics cards. I couldn't re-gift it and I couldn't sell it. I was stuck with a game I couldn't use.

Also, ******** Valve for making their free video content only downloadable on Steam. I've got a goddamn Mac. Yeah I can play .avi files, but I can't ******** download them through Steam!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:28 pm
I'd get it, now that my Xbox is up and running again..... but I have no Gold account. And I don't have money to GET a Gold Account.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:37 pm
Fresnel
uryu ishida
AINGELPROJECT667
uryu ishida

Yeah, except once you register the Steam game, you can't give it away and/or sell it. Like when I bought Portal and it wouldn't work on my computer because of a little-known glitch where Orange Box games won't work with Intel graphics cards. I couldn't re-gift it and I couldn't sell it. I was stuck with a game I couldn't use.

Also, ******** Valve for making their free video content only downloadable on Steam. I've got a goddamn Mac. Yeah I can play .avi files, but I can't ******** download them through Steam!
And it's quite the same with lots of other DRM systems. Including lots of modern ones. How many computers can you install a copy of Windows Home? One.
They're attempting to stop the pirate community, so they can make some ******** money. Funnily enough, you're on a computer using one of the most closed operating systems ever, with one of the most draconian computer companies when it comes to programs. They not only limit installations, they limit the goddamn HARDWARE. It's a company that acts like you're renting, not buying.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:48 pm
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida
AINGELPROJECT667
uryu ishida

And it's quite the same with lots of other DRM systems. Including lots of modern ones. How many computers can you install a copy of Windows Home? One.
They're attempting to stop the pirate community, so they can make some ******** money. Funnily enough, you're on a computer using one of the most closed operating systems ever, with one of the most draconian computer companies when it comes to programs. They not only limit installations, they limit the goddamn HARDWARE. It's a company that acts like you're renting, not buying.
Haha, I bet I can get around that. We had about twenty computers running off the same XP Pro code at my high school. Officially it was a stopgap until more codes could be bought, but I can't say if they were or not. There was a really simple way to get around the "one code, one computer" rule.

Yeah, but I can still sell someone my computer if it doesn't do what I want it to. I've got as much freedom as any PC with integrated sound/video, except I can't switch my processor either. So long as the form factor of the HDD/RAM fits, I can exchange it with anything. Except some older machines can only recognize a certain memory limit, like my iMac can't read a HDD bigger than 127GB.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:01 am
uryu ishida

Someone will buy it, rar and crack it.
I'll be cruising the turrs for it.

Requiem in Mortis
I'd get it, now that my Xbox is up and running again..... but I have no Gold account. And I don't have money to GET a Gold Account.

Wait...
You need a special account to get a game?  
Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games