Submit

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:30 pm
http://www.chieftain.com/articles/2010/01/20/news/local/doc4b56a73793ac3927331671.txt

Looks like a real chance to show colleges that adults who don't abuse their right to own and defend themselves can carry conceal as they see fit. It's a federal right and codified in law.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:52 pm
Except that the ban is almost certainly going to pass due to political pressure. I live in ground zero of this battle, and I can tell the anti-gunners are going to win.  

Variola Major

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:26 pm
Loving some of the comments on that article.

Common sense makes me happy.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:52 pm
Yeah, when it passes let's just watch the crime reports come in.

That Garcia guy is a douchebag.

What I would like to see is the students that voted against this ban to just not register for the following semester or transfer out, it did seem to be a high amount of students that voted against, I wonder if the school would get the picture from this lost revenue.  

OberFeldwebel

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:48 pm
OberFeldwebel
Yeah, when it passes let's just watch the crime reports come in.

That Garcia guy is a douchebag.

What I would like to see is the students that voted against this ban to just not register for the following semester or transfer out, it did seem to be a high amount of students that voted against, I wonder if the school would get the picture from this lost revenue.

My thoughts exactly.

The only reality most colleges face today is declining enrollment and revenues from tuition. I doubt a smaller school like this one could take a 15% loss in student enrollment. That, along with the alumni, legacy and parent support for the school.

They need to make a real statement of this. Not an empty threat.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:27 pm
Seems the general consensus in the comments is that this is a bad idea. I want a thread made in the ED about this to see if some of the more intelligent members will come out and throw some logic down. Hell, I'll probably make it myself.

Someone raise a valid point- all of the schools where shootings took place were gun-free zones. Psychos like Harris and Klebold or Cho will specifically target schools where they know they will face little to no opposition, because they are cowards. It's why they took their lives, rather than let themselves be caught by the police.

Hell, the only reason I don't mind my college being gun-free is because we have campus police that can get across the campus in two minutes.

EDIT: made a thread  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:47 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Seems the general consensus in the comments is that this is a bad idea. I want a thread made in the ED about this to see if some of the more intelligent members will come out and throw some logic down. Hell, I'll probably make it myself.

Someone raise a valid point- all of the schools where shootings took place were gun-free zones. Psychos like Harris and Klebold or Cho will specifically target schools where they know they will face little to no opposition, because they are cowards. It's why they took their lives, rather than let themselves be caught by the police.

Hell, the only reason I don't mind my college being gun-free is because we have campus police that can get across the campus in two minutes.

EDIT: made a thread

Beethoven right?

lol that was me.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:20 pm
In other news, there's talk in Arizona about legalizing unregistered CCW. This should be interesting. It's nice to know that there's no more intermediary steps between what we have and that.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Maddness91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:20 pm
Fresnel
In other news, there's talk in Arizona about legalizing unregistered CCW. This should be interesting. It's nice to know that there's no more intermediary steps between what we have and that.
rofl
oh if that were only true... welcome to negotiation, and compromise... where new intermediate steps are made up just to fill out the 500+ pages of the agreement xp  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:50 pm
Maddness91
Fresnel
rofl
oh if that were only true... welcome to negotiation, and compromise... where new intermediate steps are made up just to fill out the 500+ pages of the agreement xp
I mean intermediary steps like the AWB was an intermediary towards a total gun ban. You can't go ALL THE WAY and expect to win it.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas