Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Animal Lovers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all animal lovers and pet owners 

Tags: animal lovers, pets, animals, cats birds dogs fish reptile, official animal lovers guild 

Reply Main Forum
Is she pregnant? (HELP!!!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is she pregnant?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Take her to the vet to make sure!
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
I don't know.
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

BlissfulCalamity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:02 pm
So my dog (Sassy) might be pregnant. I am really mad at my parents right now, but the most important thing is the dog.

Her teats have gotten bigger, and I think she might have milk in there. It's been one or two weeks since she escaped from our yard and /played/ with another dog. She isn't any fatter, It's just the whole milk thing. When does a dog start to make milk during pregnancy? Can it be as early as 1-2 weeks? Or could this just be a false pregnancy? Can a dog be spayed during early pregnancy?

Before anyone starts telling me that I should have spayed the dog, it's my own fault, etc., let me say something else.

I have been trying as hard as I can to keep this dog from mating. I am planning on getting her spayed. The only reason I haven't sooner is because my parent's haven't taken me yet. I KNOW she's been in heat. I KNOW all these things some people would say I should have done. I have made myself late for school a few times making sure the door outside is properly shut, checking for other ways the dog could escape. I have risked getting in trouble doing so many things. But my parents. I have said and said time and time again to NOT LET THE DOG OUT. I have given them the gory details of how much pregnancy and puppies would cost. All the health problems. I don't even let them or my sister walk her, for fear that they will leave her unsupervised.
But when she did get out this time, according to my mom, my dad was out there. (I was at school.) He could have gone to get Sassy back inside. But he had to let her mess around with some neighbor's dog for a while. He knew she was out there. My mom was telling him to go get her. After my dad didn't go get her, my mom didn't either 'till after a long time. They don't know if the dogs mated or not.

Their ignorance is really making me mad.

Sorry for writing an essay.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:53 pm
It sounds very possible, but you should take her to the vet to be sure... I'm not sure about spay--it may be possible VERY early on. It's definitely something to ask the vet about if/when you take her about the pregnancy.

Good luck with your parents. Maybe a litter of puppies would be good for them, as in knock some sense into them. =P  

Foofy_Miru

BlissfulCalamity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:55 pm
Foofy_Miru
It sounds very possible, but you should take her to the vet to be sure... I'm not sure about spay--it may be possible VERY early on. It's definitely something to ask the vet about if/when you take her about the pregnancy.

Good luck with your parents. Maybe a litter of puppies would be good for them, as in knock some sense into them. =P

I think I've finally convinced my dad to take me. I've been told by manymanymany pet owners on here that it is possible, so that's a relieaf. Now it just depends on if the vet will do it or not.

I would probably consider that too, but Sassy's only nine months old. It would really be bad for her.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:15 pm
Um. A dog doesn't produce milk until right before labor. Which is nine to ten weeks after breeding.

Was she bleeding when or before she was let out?

She can't get pregnant until a certain point in her heat cycle.

Oh yeah. Your animal shelter should provide free preganancy tests, so check there.

And vet places provide Spay/Abort options. Abort the puppies. We don't need anymore in the pound.

You can spay while pregnant, but that puts the pups and mom's lives in danger.

ParrotTamer
Vice Captain

Foofy_Miru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:28 pm
ArcticPanda
Um. A dog doesn't produce milk until right before labor. Which is nine to ten weeks after breeding.

Oh yeah. Your animal shelter should provide free preganancy tests, so check there.

And vet places provide Spay/Abort options. Abort the puppies. We don't need anymore in the pound.

Hooray! Someone who actually knows something about breeding dogs... Lol. For all I know about breeding reptiles, I'm completely lost when it comes to mammals. xD (Hence my vague response earlier. No one else would reply! D=)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:05 pm
Foofy_Miru
ArcticPanda

Hooray! Someone who actually knows something about breeding dogs... Lol. For all I know about breeding reptiles, I'm completely lost when it comes to mammals. xD (Hence my vague response earlier. No one else would reply! D=)

xD
At least you tried to help. That's all that matters. =]

ParrotTamer
Vice Captain

lucariopokemonsonic

4,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:03 am
I'm not really sure but I think she is pregnant. still. You should check with a vet JUST IN CASE. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:45 pm
BlissfulCalamity
So my dog (Sassy) might be pregnant. I am really mad at my parents right now, but the most important thing is the dog.

Her teats have gotten bigger, and I think she might have milk in there. It's been one or two weeks since she escaped from our yard and /played/ with another dog. She isn't any fatter, It's just the whole milk thing. When does a dog start to make milk during pregnancy? Can it be as early as 1-2 weeks? Or could this just be a false pregnancy? Can a dog be spayed during early pregnancy?

Before anyone starts telling me that I should have spayed the dog, it's my own fault, etc., let me say something else.

I have been trying as hard as I can to keep this dog from mating. I am planning on getting her spayed. The only reason I haven't sooner is because my parent's haven't taken me yet. I KNOW she's been in heat. I KNOW all these things some people would say I should have done. I have made myself late for school a few times making sure the door outside is properly shut, checking for other ways the dog could escape. I have risked getting in trouble doing so many things. But my parents. I have said and said time and time again to NOT LET THE DOG OUT. I have given them the gory details of how much pregnancy and puppies would cost. All the health problems. I don't even let them or my sister walk her, for fear that they will leave her unsupervised.
But when she did get out this time, according to my mom, my dad was out there. (I was at school.) He could have gone to get Sassy back inside. But he had to let her mess around with some neighbor's dog for a while. He knew she was out there. My mom was telling him to go get her. After my dad didn't go get her, my mom didn't either 'till after a long time. They don't know if the dogs mated or not.

Their ignorance is really making me mad.

Sorry for writing an essay.

to make sure, it's either you bring her to the vet or just search down the net how to identify if a dog a is pregnant. =)  

walking_goldfish

Amy Pearl

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:34 pm
lucariopokemonsonic
I'm not really sure but I think she is pregnant. still. You should check with a vet JUST IN CASE. smile

*luaghs so hard it hurts my sides* Wow funny sig.. Anyway back to the topic.. Well I think she might be pregnant but you need to get her to a vet to find out. Maybe you should let her have the pups then fix her. That way it might knock some sense into ur stupid parents head! Gosh..  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games