Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Role Playing IC and OOC
Attention Roleplayers of All Shapes and Sizes!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think this idea will help?
  Yes - This will hopefully get the forum back on track.
  No - People are losers and nobody will follow you 'cause they're noobs.
View Results

Repressed Memories

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:49 am
That's right, I'm talking to you ya little hobgoblins. It's time to get this sub-forum back up and running. Now this task is very simple.

1. Just post in this thread your favorite type of Roleplays and your skill level*
2.I will participate in any and all Roleplays with any and all skill levels*. So if you're afraid that no one will join your Roleplay if you make one yourself, don't worry; I'll gladly join you.
3.If you're a lazy anklebiter and don't want to make a Roleplay, just say so and I'll -attempt- to create a good and enjoyable one that fits your Roleplay interests.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:50 am
*Skill Level is based on this little "chart" I came up with. It's as easy as 1 2 3 4 5.

1 - You type very small responses that give vague detail, but enough to get by. Ex. (Shadow kills 15 men then saves you.)

2 - You type enough to give some detail and don't exaggerate stuff to make your character Godly. Ex. (Shadow runs towards the men, killing enough to jump in the castle and save you.)

3 - You give enough detail to make it interesting without being over-dramatic and/or lengthy. Ex. (Shadow charges his enemies, slashing and slicing through, blood spraying onto his body. As he enters the castle, he searches for Violet in his desperate attempt to save her.)

4 - You like to give very detailed posts that describe things that don't really need to be said. These are usually about a paragraph or more. Ex. (Shadow slowly approached the medieval tower, breathing slowly. His ears perked as he heard the footsteps of Chaos's men approach him. "Die!" he roared as he weaved in and out of his enemies, his sword slashing at their vital organs, killing as many as he could as he dodged into Chaos's lair. He entered, his body dripping with sweat and blood, and began his search for his beloved Violet, determined to save her and win her back from his arch-nemesis.)

5 - You love to write short novels as replies that usually consist of nearly 5 paragraphs, giving every little detail you possibely can. This can somewhat push away level 1 and 2s from even glancing at your post, but draw in 4 and 5s. An example would make this already lengthy post too lengthy.  

Repressed Memories

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:55 pm
Roleplaying Level- I usually fall into the category of a 4. But, on occasion drop down into the category of a rank 3. I can however, go up to around twenty paragraphs in one post if I'm feeling inspired.

Previous Roleplaying Experience- I was Role-playing before I even knew what Roleplaying was. I would act out characters in my basement. That I saw on some tv program. Developing a pretty detailed plot as I went. The characters always evolved into something much different. From the character they were originally taken from.

I also have some experience in writing short stories. These short stories that I would write. Were usually about some Vampire, Werewolf or Vaccum cleaner. Taking anywhere from an hour to occasional writing for months.

I took an acting class in High-School. Oddly enough, I seemed to be quite popular because of this. I personally didn't think I had any more talent than most of the people in my class and less than some. But, for some reason. I would have a number of people congratulating me on my performance afterwords. Because of my experience with memorizing scripts for this class. The format of these scripts. Was adapted into my own personal Role-playing style. I type out the name of the person speaking. Then, whatever they are saying directly after. I separate narration of the story, action and speech into different paragraphs. So, my Roleplay posts often look something like this.

Lance stepped into the jungle. His stomach rumbled slightly as he felt a strong wind in the air. Messing up his already matted hair on his head. The sound of a branch snapping could be heard from close by. He stopped, looking around nervously.

Lance- Who is there?

He was obviously nervous. Because of the stories he had heard from his village. Of panthers carrying off unwary travelers. So, his caution was not without cause.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:23 am
... 3-4. i don't auto hit, and i discourage any autohitting an any roleplays i am in/start.

as for experence, i am an old hand at Rping as i mainly RP in one of my favorite webcomic's forums... added to the fact that i love D&D... as for writing ability, i usually play in literate rps... on occasion is im ballsy enough to push my level to 4 and use a spell chacker will rp in super literate rps.

my taste in subject matter is varied but when it comes to characters i rather dislike the supera powerful kill you with a thought characters and will quit an RP rather quickly if i feel it's going to end up with a dozen "un realistic"(compared to the rp's general reality) characters that are over powerd for the senerio. infact i normally play the average slacker thrust into the antihero position.  

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

Role Playing IC and OOC

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas