Submit

i iz teh neko

9,625 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:22 pm
Sakura Nashimara
Well, then that REALLY explains why they had all that alcohol then lol Not to mention the show I sort of kind of caught was on Valentine's Day, so all the bands could have easily had a reason to drink and be merry.
Thanks. It upset me that my back went completely out on me like it did. On the bright side though, their two opening bands The Architects (the US band, not the UK one) and Frank Turner had amazing sets, so I at least didn't feel like I wasted my money when I had to leave early. I did catch their first two songs too.
Oh, and I ran into my friend who's name is Molly while at the show. I poked fun at her for showing up at a Flogging Molly show needless to say.
I hope I can manage to catch a full show of theirs someday too.

They're Irish. They don't need more of a reason than that to drink xD
I think Dave had about 3 cans of beer himself during the show. It might have been more.
Ouch >.<
Sorry to hear about your back D;
As far as I can say - if you have back problems, the balcony was actually still fun for the show so you might want to pay the extra $5 or so to be up where you can maybe snag a seat during the show?
I personally was up there because I get majorly claustrophobic and I was feeling ill the week of the show.
Molly at Flogging Molly? We know she was there for the beating in the mosh xD
Here's hoping you get that full show of yours and soon Cx  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:29 pm
i iz teh neko
They're Irish. They don't need more of a reason than that to drink xD
I think Dave had about 3 cans of beer himself during the show. It might have been more.
Ouch >.<
Sorry to hear about your back D;
As far as I can say - if you have back problems, the balcony was actually still fun for the show so you might want to pay the extra $5 or so to be up where you can maybe snag a seat during the show?
I personally was up there because I get majorly claustrophobic and I was feeling ill the week of the show.
Molly at Flogging Molly? We know she was there for the beating in the mosh xD
Here's hoping you get that full show of yours and soon Cx

True rofl
At the particular venue I saw them perform at, the closest thing to a seat they had was a three step staircase, which I spent the majority of the show sitting at. They tend to play that particular venue once a year, so I'm sure I'll eventually be able to catch a show there when my back isn't acting up on me.
Totally xd
Thanks ^_^ They tend to play the venue I caught them at in February, but that's soon enough for me. I need to save up my money right now anyways... Panic! At The Disco are playing a show in my town next month sweatdrop lol  

Sakura Nashimara

i iz teh neko

9,625 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:37 pm
Sakura Nashimara

True rofl
At the particular venue I saw them perform at, the closest thing to a seat they had was a three step staircase, which I spent the majority of the show sitting at. They tend to play that particular venue once a year, so I'm sure I'll eventually be able to catch a show there when my back isn't acting up on me.
Totally xd
Thanks ^_^ They tend to play the venue I caught them at in February, but that's soon enough for me. I need to save up my money right now anyways... Panic! At The Disco are playing a show in my town next month sweatdrop lol

They actually had old theater seats in little ... jutty outty bits (my theater terminology is really evading me at the moment) in balcony where I was at. It was pretty nice. You just had people so sloshed they were almost falling off the balcony xD
I don't tend to go to many concerts so I don't know too much about various venues or what bands are coming up lol (it gets a bit pricey, nothing comes to where I live so I have to travel to the concert, and a lot of the bands I like just don't come to the US)
Sounds like fun though~
Hope you enjoy your concerts C8  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:51 pm
i iz teh neko
They actually had old theater seats in little ... jutty outty bits (my theater terminology is really evading me at the moment) in balcony where I was at. It was pretty nice. You just had people so sloshed they were almost falling off the balcony xD
I don't tend to go to many concerts so I don't know too much about various venues or what bands are coming up lol (it gets a bit pricey, nothing comes to where I live so I have to travel to the concert, and a lot of the bands I like just don't come to the US)
Sounds like fun though~
Hope you enjoy your concerts C8
Sounds like a nice venue :] Some of the ones I go to are like that. One small club that I attended a show in while I was in downtown Orlando had a balcony at it and stools lining the back of the pit area.
Oh gosh lol. Hope no one ended up falling.
I sort of became addicted to concerts after I attended my first real show, played by Muse and My Chemical Romance. I did catch a show of sorts before that, but the band was really rude to me, so I don't quite like to consider it my first concert. I live in the middle of no where, so for the most part, the shows I attend are at venues that I have to drive for at least an hour to get to. Luckily in the case of the shows in Orlando, which are the farthest ones I travel to, I have family that lives over that way. They usually let me crash at their place if I let them know about a show in advance. I pay for my tickets and gas too, so my parents really don't mind me going to shows all too much as long as I don't have a class going on while I'm at a concert lol
I know what you mean. I like a lot of out-of-the-country bands too. I wish some bands would tour America more often xP
Thanks ^_^
I'm planning on going to a show of Patrick Stump's solo tour this Sunday, and you have NO clue how excited I am.  

Sakura Nashimara

i iz teh neko

9,625 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:10 pm
Sakura Nashimara
Sounds like a nice venue :] Some of the ones I go to are like that. One small club that I attended a show in while I was in downtown Orlando had a balcony at it and stools lining the back of the pit area.
Oh gosh lol. Hope no one ended up falling.
I sort of became addicted to concerts after I attended my first real show, played by Muse and My Chemical Romance. I did catch a show of sorts before that, but the band was really rude to me, so I don't quite like to consider it my first concert. I live in the middle of no where, so for the most part, the shows I attend are at venues that I have to drive for at least an hour to get to. Luckily in the case of the shows in Orlando, which are the farthest ones I travel to, I have family that lives over that way. They usually let me crash at their place if I let them know about a show in advance. I pay for my tickets and gas too, so my parents really don't mind me going to shows all too much as long as I don't have a class going on while I'm at a concert lol
I know what you mean. I like a lot of out-of-the-country bands too. I wish some bands would tour America more often xP
Thanks ^_^
I'm planning on going to a show of Patrick Stump's solo tour this Sunday, and you have NO clue how excited I am.

In truth, I've only ever been to three concerts xD
First one was fantastic, the second one was good and the third one was great.
I know what you mean about rude bands though D;
When the Gallows opened for AFI I just wanted to boo them off the stage. Such horrid behaviour and they were just rude to the crowd (AND THEY STUNK) and the singer was SOOOO full of himself xD
I think the closest a concert has been for me is around a 5 hour drive, longest was going all the way from Iowa to California lol
I don't really see any concerts in my near future unless some completely amazing band that I'm in love with decides to start touring.
I can't drive just yet so I have to rely on my mother to take me to concerts so she has to 1) approve of the band 2) go with me 3) be available to take me with 4) have her stuff paid for (like I have to pay gas, food and her ticket)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:29 am
i iz teh neko
In truth, I've only ever been to three concerts xD
First one was fantastic, the second one was good and the third one was great.
I know what you mean about rude bands though D;
When the Gallows opened for AFI I just wanted to boo them off the stage. Such horrid behaviour and they were just rude to the crowd (AND THEY STUNK) and the singer was SOOOO full of himself xD
I think the closest a concert has been for me is around a 5 hour drive, longest was going all the way from Iowa to California lol
I don't really see any concerts in my near future unless some completely amazing band that I'm in love with decides to start touring.
I can't drive just yet so I have to rely on my mother to take me to concerts so she has to 1) approve of the band 2) go with me 3) be available to take me with 4) have her stuff paid for (like I have to pay gas, food and her ticket)

sweatdrop I've personally lost count of the concerts I've been to. I use to keep count of all the artists I've seen perform live, but I lost the list six or seven months ago. It had over 100 different artists on it, counting several performances by one band to be a single artist. If it's possible, I think I may have an addiction to live performances by musicians xd Especially since I started going to show in April of 07, meaning those 100+ artists all were watched by me within a little over a four year long period of time.
It's a shame to hear the Gallows are not only bad live, but that their singer is egotistical and that they treat the crowd in a poor manner. I was considering trying to get into their music at one point or another.
Definitely not happening now though.
Also- lucky! I have yet to see AFI perform live. They played a show within two days of my birthday one year in a nearby town, but it fell on a school night during state testing week, so my mom didn't let me go. Still bummed about that, and it happened in 2010.

The band that treated me rudely and that had an intensely egotistical singer that I saw perform at my first "concert" was Cartel. My father, mother, and brother are all professional DJs. Cartel were performing an intimate show at a private party held for one of their friends. It was inside the cleared out lobby of either a doctor's office or a law building of some kind or another.
Anyways, I was 13, and my brother was under 21 at the time. My brother likes alcohol and has for a while, so my dad went with him to keep him doing his job since it was my brother that got hired for the job of DJing after Cartel's set was over. My mom was out of town visiting her mother, so my dad just took me with them.
I ate something at the party I didn't realize I was allergic to at the time and spent a good chunk of the night curled up in the back seat of my dad's truck trying not to get sick. I did watch their set, and it was okay, but the distasteful memories I have of Cartel don't make their performance that they did seem all too spectacular in my mind.
They all got wasted after the show, which wouldn't have bothered me in the least if it didn't make three out of the five of them douchebags. Their singer didn't even try to veil the fact that he was pissed off over the fact that a little kid was at his friend's 21st birthday party.
Sorry my dad invited me, you arse -_-;;
He rolled his eyes at me, treated me like I was slow in the head, and was just SO rude.
I'm a musician myself, and I swear to god I will make it a point to never EVER treat a person the way he and his two other douchebag bandmates treated me that night. /angry rant about Cartel

Holy crap! O_O Five hours?! And dude. Iowa to California? That's insane, in the awesome sense of the term.

Been there, so I know what you're going through for your shows.
She told me after the second show that attending concerts with me bored her, since she doesn't really listen to what I listen to. I was freaked out by that for a couple of seconds because I thought she was telling me I had to wait until I could drive to go to concerts.
Nah.
She told me as long as friends go to the shows with me that I attend that I can go to concerts without her after that. I'm 18 now, so she's fine with letting me attend them alone if I have to, but we do both prefer it if I attend a show with a friend.
Ironically enough, I got a concussion halfway through the first show she didn't attend with lol My face was slammed into the metal barricade by a crowdsurfer. Had a killed headache for a week or two and it looked like a golf ball had been surgically implanted under the skin on my forehead, but I somehow convinced her to let me continue going to shows alone after that.  

Sakura Nashimara

WolfTeeth-x

Dapper Werewolf

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:55 am
Avenged Sevenfold in May. <3 Best concert.  
Music is Forever My Life

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff