Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply Guild Forum
Double Standards

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

light upon light

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:03 am
I'm always hearing these Muslim men criticizing girls that do not wear hijab, but them themselves do not even wear a beard? It is fard upon every Muslim man to NOT shave their beard (trimming the mustache is compulsory though).

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "Anyone who shaves has no claim to the mercy of Allah"
- Reported by Ibn Abbas (R.A.) in Tibrabi

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "I have no connection iwth one who shaves, shouts and tears his clothing eg. in grief or affication."
- Reported by Abu Darda (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "Trim closely the moustache and grow the beard."
- Reported by Abu Hurairah (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501

Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (R.A.) used to cut that portion (which exceeds the grip of the hand) of the beard.
- Tirmidhi  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:46 am
Quote:

I'm always hearing these Muslim men criticizing girls that do not wear hijab, but them themselves do not even wear a beard? It is fard upon every Muslim man to NOT shave their beard (trimming the mustache is compulsory though).

It is not farz! It is sunnah lol Who told u it was farz? That time people had beard because they could not shave stare I shave myself cuz I'm too young to have beard, I look like a mullah if I don't shave.

And don't say "because men dosn't, girls shouldn't" it is no excuse if u know.

Those hadith's are no proves but the first one I don't believe in. If i shave myself i'm not muslim Rasullulah says???  

The_Pathan
Captain

light upon light

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:35 pm
The_Pathan
Quote:

It is not farz! It is sunnah lol Who told u it was farz? That time people had beard because they could not shave stare I shave myself cuz I'm too young to have beard, I look like a mullah if I don't shave.

And don't say "because men dosn't, girls shouldn't" it is no excuse if u know.

Those hadith's are no proves but the first one I don't believe in. If i shave myself i'm not muslim Rasullulah says???

Lol, I didn't say it's an excuse. Please show me a fatwa that says it's not fard...because this is generally the accepted opinion.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:32 pm
The_Pathan

And don't say "because men dosn't, girls shouldn't" it is no excuse if u know.xd

It's Haram to shave it.
(click)

Don't say you don't believe it! this could lead you out of islam!
but say i will do it inspite of it being haram and inshallah i will repent.
then it is just sin and you might be forgiven.
Quote:
That time people had beard because they could not shave

LOL they made swards! they can shave and they even plucked the beard XD !

Quote:
I look like a mullah if I don't shave.

Of course you will, who do you look like without it?
like the koffar.. the infidels.
which is why its HARAM.  

WandySama

6,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:11 am
I agree it is somewhat Hypocritical, to grow a beard is Mandatory for all Muslim men who are able to do so. I never understood why some men do not.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:30 am
ROFL!!! Are u serious it is farz???? I mean, i can have a li'l beard, right? Like i keep some of it, and then i cut away rest of the beard. Right? smile

I still can't believe this rofl rofl rofl rofl

My beard grows alot!!! since i was 13. If i don't shave i would have beard to my knees xD  

The_Pathan
Captain

WandySama

6,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:05 am
its a must. never think it isn't! i am serious!
you saw the site and now you have no excuse.
my father trims his beard but he doesn't shave i.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:31 am
So i can cut it? wink cool...

But I still don't believe it. The site u gave me don't got proves.

I don't want some random imaam saying that it is farz to have beard. I want prove from Al-Quran, or from the prophet.

Yes, Mustache is haram the hadith says in the site, but not beard. It is said that it is sunnah, and very good to have it, in the same way as not having any hair for men.

Can I please get prove from Al-Quran, and not some imaam who tells us it's farz. I can't believe a random imaam, only Allah or the prophet smile  

The_Pathan
Captain

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:56 am
The_Pathan
So i can cut it? wink cool...

But I still don't believe it. The site u gave me don't got proves.

I don't want some random imaam saying that it is farz to have beard. I want prove from Al-Quran, or from the prophet.

Yes, Mustache is haram the hadith says in the site, but not beard. It is said that it is sunnah, and very good to have it, in the same way as not having any hair for men.

Can I please get prove from Al-Quran, and not some imaam who tells us it's farz. I can't believe a random imaam, only Allah or the prophet smile

I see you quoting Hadiths quite a lot to justify your own positions, yet when they go with something you disagree with you ignore them

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) seems to also have said similarly about the beard - in one of his narrations, he is reported to have said:

"Ten acts are according to fitrah (nature): clipping the moustache, letting the beard grow, ..." (Sunan Abu Dawud Book 1, No 52 - hadith partially reported)

Quote:
(1) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "I have no connection iwth one who shaves, shouts and tears his clothing eg. in grief or affication."
- Reported by Abu Darda (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501

(2) The teachings of Hadhrat Ammar Bin Yaasir, Abdullah Ibn Umar, Sayyidina Umar, Abu Hurairah and Jaabir (R.A.), indicate that ALL used to keep beards that were one fist length or more. Hadhrat Jaabir (R.A.) had said: "We used to grow long beards and only during Hajj and Umrah did we trim them to the required length (i.e. fist length)."

(3) Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (R.A.) relates that: "He who imitates the kuffar (non-believers) and dies in that state, he will be raised up with them on the Day of Qiyamat (Judgement)."

(4) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) says: "Trim closely the moustache, and let the beard flow (Grow)."
- Narrated Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 498

(5) "Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) ordered us to trim the moustache closely and spare the beard" says Ibn Umar.
- Muslim, Hadith no. 449

(6) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)said: "Act against contrary to the polythesists, trim closely the moustache and grow the beard."
- Reported by Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 500

(7) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "Trim closely the moustache and grow the beard."
- Reported by Abu Hurairah (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501

( cool Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "Anyone who shaves has no claim to the mercy of Allah"

(9) Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (R.A.) used to cut that portion (which exceeds the grip of the hand) of the beard.
- Tirmidhi

This is the opinion of every single Scholar and Imman that i have found on the Subject.

Your on your own here Pathan.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:20 am
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503543064

PLEASE READ THIS LINK, IT EXPLAINS IT ALL.  

The_Pathan
Captain

WandySama

6,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:58 am
i accept this explanation.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:15 am
I am just wondering about this hadith only:

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "Anyone who shaves has no claim to the mercy of Allah"

I don't think it right confused I mean the qur'an dosn't say anything about it. Is it possible that he did not write this hadith the same way as the prophet says? :O  

The_Pathan
Captain

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:17 pm
IF it's possible he wrote the Hadith differently to what the Prophet stated.

Then you can immediately question every single Hadith on that ground.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:21 am
Hadiths are explained, by things in the qur'an. but if it's not wroten in the qur'an???  

The_Pathan
Captain

light upon light

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:32 pm
The_Pathan
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503543064

PLEASE READ THIS LINK, IT EXPLAINS IT ALL.

Sorry, I think I'll take hadith over fatwa. (=  
Guild Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff