Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
Heavy Rain

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YumaKirosaki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:59 am
So yeah, I recently tried the demo and I loveee the gameplay so far.
I think the young detective's voice sounds a bit...
rolleyes
But otherwise gameplay was fun and I can't wait to play it.

What are your thoughts on it, if you've tried it yet?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:35 pm
Not many PS3 owners here i think, but i wouldnt mind playing the game. But from reading about story and gameplay, imo Alan Wake > Heavy Rain  

Tron714
Vice Captain

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:31 am
Tron714
Not many PS3 owners here i think, but i wouldnt mind playing the game. But from reading about story and gameplay, imo Alan Wake > Heavy Rain
Very True, well, hell heavy rain's marked by many as a interactive game, think mgs4 cutscenes with frustrating button mashing, and check the face models, truely dissapointing, gameplay dull as crap, story is very out of place, and too all around, more so than halo 2 plot(which really, hey halo's never had a great story), i thought this would be a interesting game, but seeing the whole process to the final cut, it shows that we are still not ready for the truly "perfect game", granted nothing is perfect but you might understand what i'm saying, but i wouldn't risk paying 60 bucks for this, MAYBE rent it, but i guess it depends if you like broken gameplay  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:29 am
The Ginger Dude
Tron714
Very True, well, hell heavy rain's marked by many as a interactive game, think mgs4 cutscenes with frustrating button mashing, and check the face models, truely dissapointing, gameplay dull as crap, story is very out of place, and too all around, more so than halo 2 plot(which really, hey halo's never had a great story), i thought this would be a interesting game, but seeing the whole process to the final cut, it shows that we are still not ready for the truly "perfect game", granted nothing is perfect but you might understand what i'm saying, but i wouldn't risk paying 60 bucks for this, MAYBE rent it, but i guess it depends if you like broken gameplay

Well wait, I dunno if I agree with that... confused
Face models look great to me; every once in awhile I'll see a face I don't like but otherwise it looks good. And button mashing? I hit the buttons exactly at the right time, so Idunno about you. It's supposed to be story driven so gameplay is -going- to be similar to a cutscene.
And story? What's wrong with the story?
...well okay, I admit the publisher had terrible story problems in the past...(CoughcoughIndigoProphecy), but this story seems tack on so far.

Oh but I do agree though, MGS4 had way too many cutscenes.

Tron714

I've only seen gameplay videos of Alan Wake...Currently I can really only afford to get one game, and my decisions split between Waiting for Fallout New Vegas, getting AvP, or getting this game.  

YumaKirosaki

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:40 am
Hey, if you want to play it, that's fine, that just my opinion, but hey it might be good, or it might be horrible, depends on how the developers do wink  
Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games