Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Let Us Choose The Design Of Our Guild!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you agree?
  Yes! +1
  No!!! -1
View Results

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:14 pm
In my opinion, I think it would be fair if the developers would let us choose the design of our guilds, just like they let us choose the design of our profile.

I am sick and tired of the same old blue and white colors, and the boring old design. I cannot stand looking at it anymore.

If you agree with me, please speak up.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:23 pm
I don't mind how it is now but being able to chose what it looks like would be fantastic!  

Kezza_teh_Fezza

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:59 am
i would love that  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:23 am
What that is an interesting idea, it would require a custom edit to be available for every guild, each of which is a separate sub-forum. Even with simple edits, that's quite a bit of data to be added into the system, each assigned to a separate forum allocated to a separate user...

And if something goes wrong, it's another place for things to fail and crash the servers.

Not saying it's not a good or interesting idea. I definitely like it myself. But at least there's valid reasons why it's all the way it is.

As the devil's advocate for today, I have a simple question to ask. If they DO make such a change, how would it effect your ability to read most of the things in your guild? After all, the default text is black, which serves well against light backgrounds. And what would you do if people chose a colour scheme that's intentionally made to make people that visit a guild uncomfortable, or just to make it unreadable? (Contrarian VC's and Captains have deleted threads and made other edits to their guilds before, to punish the guild owners/users)  

Michael Geist

Dangerous Vampire

Epileptic Eclipse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:47 am
...but up in the tables?...nah, only if we get money in our pockets. Currently we can only support paying for the (CSGA) Cash Shop Graphic Artists.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:41 pm
I will forward this idea to wesden and pirula for the group since it was not put in the ideas thread  

GGN Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Sakura Ashida

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:22 pm
I personally don't care about the current colors, since I don't pay that much attention to it. However, I agree that it would be nice to allow us to choose themes and such for the guilds. They're getting very close with all the new little features they've been adding the past year, so just a little shove and they'll get very far.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:08 pm
User Image

____I think that it would be cool to be able to choose a different color scheme for our guilds, if nothing else. Y'know how the Gaia Labs had an option to change the color of the Gaia header? Something like that would add even more personality to different guilds.  

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:31 am
This light blue color is getting really old. In fact, it's gotten ancient! The developers need to stop moping around and also need to make it so we can have the choice of what our guild will look like.

It would also be nice to be able to see our own announcements too.  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games