PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:55 am
tikiu1221
stickfanatic
......woot woot for James Cameron's Avatar! *meekly waves a flag*

BURN HER AT THE STAKE!

*dies*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:51 am
Take a better look at the trailer.
Most, of the extras for the tribes/whatever are accurate.
There's a good quality still shot of the water village going around that I don't happen to have.
But it's like, two random white people, and then everyone else.

Sure the Fire tribe isn't right.
But I'm breaking that down to the fact that M. Night Shyamalan thinks the fire tribe is cool, and wants to be in it.

Atlaas

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:17 am
Atlaas
two random white people, and then everyone else.

that's the point. Two random white people in an entire village of inuit. "Um, are you sure we're not adopted or something?"

It's called star power. All the 4 main characters in the movie were white originally, and then they recast Zuko using an east indian guy (the recast is better than the original guy). Only white people can be the stars. All Paramount cares about is the cash cow. They figure that asian or brown actors wouldn't be as popular, I bet.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:30 am
Well I never liked the cartoon, period. SO I am not going to see the movie. But this does scream racism, the fact they changed their races. Granted finding Inuit actors would be difficult, as Inuits are a small percentile of a population, and then finding actors descended from them? Near impossible. But they could have used any other native americans or something.

racism is lol  

Alektorphobia

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:16 pm
Psycho Lee
So obviously they needed characters that knew martial arts. What, only white kids know martial arts? (I'm not saying all asians are born knowing advanced kung fu, but this seems a weak argument on his part, that they hired white people because they could do martial arts).

I'm not arguing against you or anything, but there's lots of weird/fun facts out there relating to this. For example, there are/were more obelisks in Italy(or Rome) than in Egypt, even though they originated in Egypt. That's because when the Romans came in they took them all back to Rome. It may be a similar case where foreigners practice or have more of one thing/skill than the natives because they liked it so much. I bet there's probably more restaurants in the US serving Mexican (or Mexican inspired) food than there are Mexican food/inspired restaurants in Mexico. Just a hunch, I have no data on this.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff