Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:51 am
Hans Reiker
Man of the Demoneye
uryu ishida
Seriously, you can get a Full kit, and I mean FULL, for $80+shipping, plus any transfer fees an FFL tacs on.

You'd still come out cheaper than buying the nagant, and then all of the accessories separately.

7.62x54R? I thought they were all 7.62x39. Or did they make some in that caliber for some reason? If so, why?
The Mosin Nagant was always 7.62x54R, as far as I know, it was never chambered in 7.62x39
The only other Mosin I've ever heard of was an M91/30 trainer in .22LR. Expensive as ********, single-shot, and the weirdest action you've ever seen. Kinda cute though.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:57 am
Fresnel
Hans Reiker
Man of the Demoneye
uryu ishida
Seriously, you can get a Full kit, and I mean FULL, for $80+shipping, plus any transfer fees an FFL tacs on.

You'd still come out cheaper than buying the nagant, and then all of the accessories separately.

7.62x54R? I thought they were all 7.62x39. Or did they make some in that caliber for some reason? If so, why?
The Mosin Nagant was always 7.62x54R, as far as I know, it was never chambered in 7.62x39
The only other Mosin I've ever heard of was an M91/30 trainer in .22LR. Expensive as ********, single-shot, and the weirdest action you've ever seen. Kinda cute though.
I find that so pointless, haha.  

Hans Reiker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:13 am
Hans Reiker
Fresnel
Hans Reiker
Man of the Demoneye
uryu ishida

I find that so pointless, haha.
Boat oar, war pike, battle club, tent pole, pea shooter. MOSIN.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:16 am
Requiem in Mortis
uryu ishida

The only problem is that I can't see myself using any of the accessories, other than a sling and possibly a scope. If I could get all of the stuff for the same price as just the rifle while on sale, then I would, but as stated, I has no money.

And remember- the rifle is ON SALE for $99. I wouldn't pay $180 for a Nagant when I could pay half that elsewhere.

The only other problem I can think of, if I got this rifle, is where to get 7.62x54mm ammo. I'm not sure if the gun stores in my area would have it (including Big Five) or even if Bass Pro Shops would have it, and if they did I probably wouldn't want to get it there for the reason of cost and distance. The gun stores in Placerville are too far as well. I'd most likely have to buy it online.

Demoneye: The Nagant has always been chambered in 7.62x54mm. A lot of people make similar mistakes with a lot of .30 caliber rounds, because there are so friggin many of them.
Mosins (other than the Finnish-made/captured ones) are all zeroed with the bayonet attached. It also helps to control muzzle rise (especially with the Carbine. I can attest to that myself.).
The tools it comes with are also pretty ********' useful when it comes to stripping and cleaning as far as you can. I'd say necessary if you plan on cleaning the bolt's insides EVER. If anything, you can sell the stuff.

Ammotogo! Sportsman's Guide. Cheaper than Dirt. They'll all ship it straight ot your door for a good price. I personally like Ammotogo.com's prices and shipping, but all surplus is pretty damn cheap.  

uryu ishida

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:04 pm
Fresnel
Hans Reiker
Man of the Demoneye
uryu ishida

I've seen one of those.
Some kid was selling it to buy an M1 Carbine or Garand.
One of those.

Would have wanted that rifle.
It looked a lot like a Mosin Nagant except with a barrel chambered in .22 LR.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff