Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Two Minds

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StellaLuna SkyWind

Devoted Wife

15,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:28 pm
Is it possible to have two minds in one body? And is it normal to feel like you're not something that you've been told you are? An example is being drilled in that your human, but now having thoughts that you really aren't all that human?

Maybe i'm just crazy but I've been having feelings as such for a while now, and it came with the confidence i've recently gathered for myself. And Also with seeing my dead grandparents. i have no idea why that has stemmed these thoughts, but i 'm not really sure about any or it, or their message to me. Can i get some help please?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:10 pm
You may want to seek medical help if you think you may be developing a psychosis.

Also, you're human. Please do not believe anyone who says you might be a changeling/fairy/vampire/otherkin, because it's nonsense. It's not unusual to feel out of place but you'd probably be surprised how human you are.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:36 am
You mean like schitzophrenia? I think there could be something different than that, but the medical world calls it that. I believe there could be two souls inhabiting one body and that might be what schitzophrenia is, but I dunno. There is a lot of unexplained things in this world.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:04 am
Well I'm fairly sure i'm not schizophrenic. I think they would have told me by now. And I'm not Bipolar. But I appreciate the insight. However the other question I have regarding this, is that i had a dream where my deceased grandparents came to me and told me that they would 'see me soon'. I'm not exactly sure what the meaning behind this is.  

StellaLuna SkyWind

Devoted Wife

15,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Pie Enabler 100

Neamhain Riona

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:24 am
StellaLuna SkyWind
Well I'm fairly sure i'm not schizophrenic. I think they would have told me by now. And I'm not Bipolar. But I appreciate the insight. However the other question I have regarding this, is that i had a dream where my deceased grandparents came to me and told me that they would 'see me soon'. I'm not exactly sure what the meaning behind this is.
Wow, " see you soon?" That is kinda freaky. You could always just ask what they meant by that? I hope anyways. Good luck  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:39 am
GuardianIceQueen
StellaLuna SkyWind
Wow, " see you soon?" That is kinda freaky. You could always just ask what they meant by that? I hope anyways. Good luck

If my late grandfather told me that I would take it as a "Life is short, enjoy it while you can, see you on the other side" kinda thing.  

Sam Oaken Willow 17

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:30 pm
Aakosir
You mean like schitzophrenia? I think there could be something different than that, but the medical world calls it that. I believe there could be two souls inhabiting one body and that might be what schitzophrenia is, but I dunno. There is a lot of unexplained things in this world.

No, it's not like schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is like when you have hallucinations, delusions, disorganised and racing thoughts, when you get word salad and stuff. It's a bit misleading because "schizophrenia" the word, when you break it down, means "split-mind" or similar. Of course, in this situation she may be suffering from delusions or hallucinations, which would be indicative of schizophrenia wink

People often confuse it a bit with MPD or dissociative identity disorder, but that isn't really what she described, I don't think, as DID has a fair bit of lost periods of time involved. Also it may not actually exist, or could be a product of therapy. Personally I'm a skeptic.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games