I'm new to Gaia and looking to chat!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

carekieran2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:26 am
Hi there!
I'm Carolan and I'm new to Gaia (and furdom in general). I'm not a furry but have been a fan for a while. A few years ago a highschool friend told me his fursona was a husky and I've been fascinated ever since!

I'm doing a fieldwork project for an anthropology class at NYU and I chose furry fandom, and I would really love it if anyone would be willing to help me learn more. ( or meet up for coffee if you live in nyc!)

Thanks, I can't wait to get to know you all!
-Carolan biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:24 pm
Ooo, she's studying the furry fandom?

*deadpans* So, shall we show her all the crazy a** art on VCL? The weird fetishes and stuff?

Should we get the strangest furries with the most bizarre fetishes to represent our fandom, and have her interview them, much like MTV and other media outlets have?

You know, not select the vast majority of normal furs. Just pick out the abnormal ones that hump in fursuits and stuff. Or think they're really animals and revolve their entire daily routine to furry and animal stuff.

It would be informative and show her the real side of furry.  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:59 pm
Psycho Lee
not select [...] normal furs [...] and show her the real side of furry.

neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:10 pm
Psycho Lee

*deadpans* So, shall we show her all the crazy a** art on VCL? The weird fetishes and stuff?

Should we get the strangest furries with the most bizarre fetishes to represent our fandom, and have her interview them, much like MTV and other media outlets have?

You know, not select the vast majority of normal furs. Just pick out the abnormal ones that hump in fursuits and stuff. Or think they're really animals and revolve their entire daily routine to furry and animal stuff.

You know what they say, "If it ain't broke..."  

Gundamu

Assimilated Wolf

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:15 pm
If you just want real data with a real attempt at non-biased data collection, then try this website.
http://www.furrysociology.net/

It should be noted that there are other studies there, one of which was done by my very own college. :3

While Sociology isn't anthropology, you may be able to get some useful information and facts, compared with most of the internet websites out there that may be offering good information but it's not exactly...well...scientific. There's probably plenty that outright make up things. These studies however are probably the most non-bias means of getting an idea of what the furry fandom is like.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:23 pm
Furry pile scream  

CyrusVillalobo

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:17 am
Sunegami
Psycho Lee

neutral

Sarcasm goes right over head and punches hole through wall.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:05 am
Psycho Lee

i suggest we link her to one of the threads that we've debated on about sex in the fandom.

and if sex is an interest of her study she should definately look into Second Life. ^_^  

Jungle Boots

Life is Like a Peanut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:07 am
Promitheus Zek
Furry pile scream

I lmaod at your sig  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:49 pm
Jungle Boots
Psycho Lee

i suggest we link her to one of the threads that we've debated on about sex in the fandom.

and if sex is an interest of her study she should definately look into Second Life. ^_^

Oh I still suggest we show her the darker side of VCL... surfing that is where I discovered the more.... stranger fetishes of some people...
What has been seen cannot be unseen, and the goggles do nothing.  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:26 pm
Psycho Lee
Sunegami
Psycho Lee

neutral

Sarcasm goes right over head and punches hole through wall.

With you, I can never be sure if it's sarcasm or not. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:31 pm
Psycho Lee

lol you mean like the one's trolls on youtube just "Decide" we all are?  

xXxZeh_Emo_FluffersxXx

2,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CyrusVillalobo

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:48 pm
Life is Like a Peanut