Welcome to Gaia! ::

Forgotten Dreams

Back to Guilds

A place for people to roleplay, both beginners and experienced. 

Tags: Adventure, Anime, Fantasy, Love, Vampire/Dragon 

Reply >^Beginners^<
2. The Next Step....it's a doosy!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I love free gold...
  Who doesn't?
View Results

Forsaken Exodus
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:54 pm
xd Actually not really. It's really simple, just like everything else! The next step is either joining an RP or creating your own! It's as easy as 1, 2, 3... or A, B, C... whichever you prefer....  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:02 pm
The first thing we want to look at is finding a RP to join! This is pretty easy seeing as the different types narrow it down for you. I, myself, like Romance RP's. There is always drama going on and sometimes they can have a little bit of something else thrown in. So find which type peaks your interest and go to the sub-forum of your choice!

Next is finding the right one... This is pretty self-explanatory!
Title [[Accepting]]----These are looking for characters!
Title [[Full]]---These are no longer accepting characters!
Title [[Full/1x1]]----These are only for 1 on 1 and no longer looking!
Title [[U/C]]----This means a person is creating an RP and it is currently Under Construction...please do not post in these!

When you find one that's looking, it's always important to read the plot and story. These are crucial to making your making your character and to help decide if you would be into it or not.

Once you read the plot then head down to the rules. These are also crucial. Some people like it milder than others and so they like to add their own rules to their RP ((Which is perfectly fine)). They have the right to do this and if someone doesn't follow them, they can kick them out of the RP.

After reading the rules you find the Profile Skeleton. This is the make-up of your character. Basically you fill in the blanks and usually you PM the profile to the author to help prevent clutter and help other characters, just in case they forget how a character looks, or just to refresh their memory!

Once you get accepted, then you begin Roleplaying! Make sure that the author responds with accepting you before posting. People like to make sure you are accepted before you post so they don't end up going somewhere with the story with someone who has no idea what the story is!  

Forsaken Exodus
Captain

Forsaken Exodus
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:03 pm
The other way to start RPing is to create your own! For most beginners I would say to start learning would be to join an already created RP, but there's nothing wrong with creating your own!

To start go into the sub-forum that would best describe your plot/story. This will help other RPers into finding the right one for them. It also keeps everything tidy! Once you have done that you create a topic!

Create a title and add [[U/C]] at the end to show that you are in the process of creating a RP. Most RolePlayers will respect it and not post while it is being made... mos t beginners accidentally make the mistake of posting. The first thing most begin with is the story or plot, but some add a little introduction, a small little Prologue to help give it vision and show where it is going.

The main things an RP need are:
1. Title
2. Story/Plot
3. Rules
4. Profile Skeleton
5. List of Characters

When creating the list of characters you copy and paste the profile they PM you into the character profile section. That way anyone at anytime can go back and see who joined, recall the face of the character, or recall the personality of the certain character!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:13 am
Well now you have the basics. The rest of it is up to practice! The quickest way to learn is to just jump right in and experience the fun! You can use this sub-forum to to help you better your skills with other beginners! Enjoy!  

Forsaken Exodus
Captain

imbutercupwheresmywestley

Alien Warlord

16,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:03 am
if i may, i would like to point out that you will often see [[o/a]] after a title instead of [[accepting]]. o/a stand for 'open and accepting' it's basically the same thing just shorter ^^. heart  
>^Beginners^<

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games