Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
DSi XL?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you buy one?
  Yeah! :gets ready to sell DSi:
  Yes. I didn't get a DSi in case they released a better one
  No way, there's still no GBA game slot
  No, I can live without it
  Not sure, yet
View Results

akkanatrum

5,900 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:21 am
Didn't see a clear thread about this yet. Just a place to talk about the DSi XL.

I'm one of those people still attached to the DS lite. Yeah, they probably integrated a camera into the games played onto the DSi, but I personally don't need that, since I only want a camera to take casual pictures (I'm merely a mid-core gamer can don't care about using cameras in games). I'm still annoyed with the lack of GBA slot, since I'm a Final Fantasy fanatic (not so much lately, since most of the new games are MMORPGs which I don't care as much about), and I liked the original games. The remakes are great and everything, but being mid-core, I'm busy in college and stuff, so I need to place my priorities.

Don't get me wrong, I don't look down on the DSi XL, nor anyone who wants it. I'm just not as big a fan as many other people might be.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:05 am
I owned a DSi, and I'm currently trying to get rid of it. I thought it'd be nice to have a handheld again, but I began to realize that times when I used to spend playing handhelds I now spend writing, drawing, or sleeping. Frankly, from what I understood, the DSi's screen was a little bigger than the regular DS's, and I thought it was certainly big enough. I don't think this thing had anything to gain from having larger screens.  

Haratio TaFotter

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:19 pm
To me, the DSi XL screams "Hello, I'm another 'new' product from nintendo! 'New' as in new, but not really 'cause we're running out of ideas! Buy Me!". When I trade in my DS Lite (Now that I have a second DS for GBA purposes), it'll be for a standard DSi. There is the 3DS in the making, however, so maybe they haven't run out of ideas...Can't wait for E3. If I hear about it airing on Spike again, I'll stay up just to watch it for the 3DS announcement, just to see if it's worth any real hype.  
Nintendo Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games