Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Where do you Live in the Sims?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who'd you rather?
  Stiles McGraw
  Leighton Sakemoto
  Gunther Goth
View Results

Carantathraiel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:42 pm
User Image

┌──────────────────────────┐
When you play the sims and its time to move in your family, where do you normally place them?

Do you usually pick the same lot, or do you try different ones with each family? Each game?

Do you bulldoze pre-existing houses?

Evict pre-made families to move in your own?

Do you live in pre-made houses or do you always build your own?

Which lot is your favourite?

Which lot is your least favourite?

Which pre-made house is your favourite?

Which pre-made house is your least favourite?

├──────────────────────────┤
DRESS ME
└──────────────────────────┘

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:18 pm
In Sunset Valley, it depends on my mood. Usually, though, it's the largest lot, up between the Landgraabs and the Altos.

However, I built my own neighborhood and I place sims wherever I have room there.

---

I don't really love any of the pre-made houses. I have to fix them all, either just the colors and styles, or I sometimes have to fix layouts. Unless I'm feeling lazy, all the lived in houses are modified in some way to suit my purposes.

(The way I play, it's almost a challenge. I play for several generations, matchmaking between families and trying to marry everyone off. I like to see which families carry on best.)  

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

Noembelu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:49 pm
I downloaded a custom neighborhood that is an exact replica of the original TS1 Unleashed neighborhood.

Only difference is....this neighborhood is much bigger, which allows me to place bigger lots.

Typically, I use the largest lot available to build houses. I only build my own houses, and I only play families that I've created myself.

Almost all the families in my neighborhood are replicas of the ones I already had in TS1, with a few differences here and there (some have aged, others have different hairstyles/outfits).  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:28 am
OOh. Very cool, I didn't know you can do that.

Carantathraiel

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:23 am
i pretty much use the preset homes or homes i download, then add on or change what i need.
i mostly play in pleasantville, or a downtown i've created for pleasantville, though i do have some strangetown families.
and yeah, i move most of the preset families out of the homes to move my sims in.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:21 am
I usually live in Belladona Cove. I use different houses/apartments for each family
I did once build a neighborhood, but my computer crashed completely a couple weeks after wards. I have yet to build another one.

I tried downloading a neighborhood once, it didn't work. How did you do it, Noembelu?  

The FoxyTrot

Darth Kosher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:31 pm
I stay in Riverview. I like the small, NY feeling of it, yet you still have the suburbs.

If my family is less then three people, then I'd move them into a pre-exsisting home. If they have more, or are planning to have more, I'd move them into a decent-sized lot and build a "dream home" for their family.

The homes in the Sims 3 that are pre-made really don't have large enough rooms (if you have multiples) and bathrooms. I like things to be spaced out. Plus, it's cheeper to build your own home verses move them into the pre-exsisting homes.

I made a three-bedroom, three-bathroom (standard in my neighborhoods) home for less then 40,000. It was basically a week project because I ran short of money. So half of the time, I'll make a community center that has the same functions as a house (sort of like a hotel) where my sims can stay at until they have raised enough money to complete their dream home. =)

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games