Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Graphic Makers [TGM]

Back to Guilds

A guild where graphic designers / webpage builders can enjoy each others company. 

Tags: graphic, profile, web design, photoshop, design 

Reply The Graphic Makers
critique my web design?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Homicidal TicTac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:44 am
so I was commissioned to make this website for a friend who's a musician: maidenbrainmusic.com

it was launched a couple months ago but I'd still appreciate any suggestions to make it better. any thoughts? also, does anyone know of ways to increase traffic on sites like this?

(btw, you should check out the music while you're there, she's really good!)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:05 pm
User Image

Hmm. I like the color scheme, and the way you made the text look. The header could use a liiittle more, though, and the bottom bar is a little too chunky for my tastes.

As for getting more traffic, the best you can do is spread by word of mouth. Keep on shoving it down people's throats. xD;

Captain Kiza Pirate

UnMistakably Mist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:10 am
It has a wonderful feel to it. I like the style that you've gone with and the colours. I do agree that a little something else could be done with the header however i'm not sure what to suggest. Maybe a little something like the swirls, or you could even think about adding a really basic background to the website, something subtle but just giving it a little more colour, a white base with coloured images/ lines, maybe little music notes. Another little thing you could consider is adding little pictures to the navigation or maybe giving it a little border, more pictures could have the danger of making it appear cluttered though. Something along the lines of the dotted line on the header could look wonderful as a border however borders can be an issue to code. I do really enjoy the simplicity it has going on at the moment.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:59 pm
i love the music and the page biggrin  

Burn Halo
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

millecartes

1,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:14 pm
It's incredibly simple, but it's pulled off very well. The header and the nav's graphics give enough balance to the content area's basic text. The font you used works extremely well too.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:24 pm

IMr_LaraI

The Graphic Makers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces