assault rifle costs

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:18 pm
Now, I know that civilian assault rifles can be expensive, usually in the range of $1,000+. However, is there a site that shows the relative cost of different civilian models (AR-15, AK-47, SL8, FS2000, etc)? I'm just curious to know what the ranges are should I ever consider getting one.

Once I move out of California, of course.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:20 pm
No such thing as a civilian assault rifle. Assault rifles, by definition, are reserved to the military and a very select few people who go through immense trouble to get the permission to buy/own one.  

Mr Savoy

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:23 pm
You know what I mean. Civilian weapons based off of or resembling assault rifles. Rifles like the SL8, AR-15 and FS2000. I'm looking for average prices on those.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:31 pm
Requiem in Mortis
You know what I mean. Civilian weapons based off of or resembling assault rifles. Rifles like the SL8, AR-15 and FS2000. I'm looking for average prices on those.
CMMG sells reject AR-15's for 600 dollars, and from what I hear, they're actually pretty damn good, regardless of the cheap cost. FS2000's usually go for 1900+, and they aren't worth it. AK-47's usually go for 400+ dollars, and they're only worth it (in my opinion) if you don't know how to clean a gun and can't shoot worth a damn. EDIT: Or if you just never want to clean your gun and just want to send bullets downrange.

But why do you want one anyway? I base my wants off how good the gun is, not whether a military used a selective-fire version or not.  

Mr Savoy

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:38 pm
Like I said, I just wanted to know the average costs in case I ever considered getting one. Simple curiosity, that's all.

I'll probably never own one until I move out of California, but it's always nice to know what to expect to pay for one. And I wouldn't get one just because a military somewhere uses a selective-fire version. That's like buying a nice car just because a celebrity owns said car. I've simply considered the possibility of acquiring one in the (probably distant) future.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:12 pm
Your best resource for non-military black guns and prices that most stores would match would be the Impact Guns website.

They're the best updated dealer with the widest range of cheap to ultra expensive rifles and pistols that use military ammo.

Oh, and they also sell fully automatic weapons for law enforcement use.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Tier One OPERATOR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:25 pm
ALso, gunbroker.com  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:51 pm
A good AK47 will go for around $600 or more from what I have seen. It all depends on what you really want.  

Wolf Nightshade

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff