Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Magical Names?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrypticDarkness

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:25 pm
I've read that to get your number for your magical name, you add your first, middle and last name numbers together. But then today, I read that you add your birthdate together.

Ex. 02-21-1991= 23+1991= 2014= 7

Discuss:
Is either way the wrong way?
How did you discover your Magical Name?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:18 pm
I don't think there's a set way to figure it out. The counting thing I don't understand really, some people just have it come to them. Others don't have one. Some just pick what name sounds best.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:48 pm
My tradition doesn't require a magical name. Though back when I was a delusional mr. dark plagued Neo-pagan white-lighter, I called myself Robert McDra. Though oddly enough I continue to go by it when I'm online since this last name is so far off from my real last name.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:57 am
I have a chart that uses your entire birthdate. Like mine is 11/26/1990, that's how I came up with Aakosir. a=1 b=2 c=3 and so on. I don't think they are necessarily wrong, but everyone has a method that works for them. Just like I love to use gemstones for magic.  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:59 am
rmcdra
My tradition doesn't require a magical name. Though back when I was a delusional mr. dark plagued Neo-pagan white-lighter, I called myself Robert McDra. Though oddly enough I continue to go by it when I'm online since this last name is so far off from my real last name.

I always wondered what rmcdra was =^_^=  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:50 am
Aakosir

I always wondered what rmcdra was =^_^=
ninja =^_^= ninja  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:51 pm
I have a magickal name. i tryed your method with the birth day and such and turns out my real name is my magickal name.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:32 pm
I didn't do the number method. I just thought hard about what meant something personal to me, and what felt right.  

Amara Verdandi

Anannsul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:50 pm
WOW! o:

Okay so to explain the number way.. you take your birthdate

(Mine is september 21, 1983)

and you add it up like so:

September is the 9th month.. so we will put 09 for the numerical equation

0+9+2+1+1+9+8+3 = 33 3+3 = 6

So what you want to do is make a magical name that when added up equals what ever number your birthdate is. (which in my case was 6.)

Alphabet chart
1 = A - J - S
2 = B - K - T
3 = C - L - U
4 = D - M - V
5 = E - N - W
6 = F - O - X
7 = G - P - Y
8 = H - Q - Z
9 = I - R

But in my case I have always used the last name of Anannsul ever since my friend made it for me. He came up with the name Anannsul as the last name for my rp characters and since then I have used it for everything..

A - N - A - N - N - S - U - L
1 + 5 + 1 + 5 + 5 + 1 +3 + 3 = 24 2+4 = 6

biggrin So i've had a magical name all along. XD wow amazing how things just work out. ^_^

Oh, you can also use your first, middle, and last name all added up too. just don't forget to have to continue to add to get a single number.

so if your name added up is like 139 keep adding 1+3+9 = 13 1+3 = 4 <-- single number.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:57 pm
I don't have one yet. I'll be given one if I'm initiated though.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:02 am
When I first started learning, I came up with the name Kyndryana. I never had much need for it with the people I knew in person, but I have definitely used it often online. I have also used the name Kylara in the magical community, as it has great personal meaning for me as well.

I have never used numerology to create names, although I do find it amusing that both the names I use equate to 5 (which matches neither my birth number nor my birth or current legal name).

On a personal level, I don't think there is a wrong way. If I were to join a particular tradition or group, and they had a way of doing it, then I would do as they did. But on my own, I just go with what feels right for me  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:34 am
Well, I have two names I have been called, and I have a connection to each name.

Azurai - to me, it means free ocean. As I myself see the ocean as a place of freedom and beauty.

Kai - It means ocean in Hawaiian, it's what I'd like to be my first name, but I see changing your legal name is... dishonest and disrespectful, since the name I have is the one my parents gave me. This was the name a friend of mind sometimes calls me, she's from Hawaii and she believes the name suits my personality very much.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items