I like the Frog
  I like the Sapphire Plume
  I like both
  I dislike both
View Results

Bunai

Angelic Blob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:18 am
MC HINT - This month, the Collectibles get back to nature with some wild items.

Overall not the most... anticipated and impressive MCs, but they are usable.

Frog -
(posi) I am going to get this one, I always wanted an amphibian to stand beside, and it is pretty cute. I love the lily pad, and amusingly it works for my Frog Princess (not what you think it is) avatar that I have saved.

Although I wanted a giant flower to hold... I guess a giant leaf will have to do. lol it sort of has a flower on it. More hair accessories... hmm

(negi) The coloring and pixel shading. I have a feeling that the person who made this MC also created the "Holiday Cardinal", but the pixels on that item work for the Avatar. With this... hmm a bit distracting, because it is just green.

The cape... eh. Not sure what I can do with it, but I'll figure it out.

Sapphire Plume -
(posi) Lovely coloring, and an interesting idea with basic poses. I like the eyepatch the most, and the belt is nice.

(negi) The basic poses also make it a "wheres the rest?!" type of deal. The chest plume...what is up with that?

The plume on the gloves are a bit overwhelming, they should have been more subtle, but the detail of it is good. Maybe it is just the MP poses, but the bow & arrow appears to have lousy limited poses.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:24 am
When GCD posters thought about the HINT, they instantly thought back to the "Wild Things" and dreaded the upcoming release of March lol.

Even though Wild Things wasn't that popular, it was still something that was petitioned for and fulfilled, and people do like giant animal mounts.

When I look at the hint, I keep thinking of how off the MC Hints have been, when compared to last years. Some of the new hints are outright confusing and you want to go "that hint had no relation to the mcs!!" xd

So I started to think the opposite of what is presented in the hints. Going for the less obvious, like a 'just in case' type of strategy.

My Guess for March:
-Animal Pajamas ^_^ I have both animal pajamas from 2004 and love them, and would like more.  

Bunai

Angelic Blob

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:56 pm
*steals first post*

Eh... they're ok. I was more impressed by last month's MCs.

Frog is kinda cute, but I don't think very many people will take to it. The girls might like it for the flower hairpiece. That's about it.

Plume is alright. I don't know how versatile the colors are going to be yet. Might have to go mess around with it later.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:03 pm
I like them, especially the Sapphire Plume. I bet we'll see a whole lot more "Avatar-themed" avies with it though. There's a few poses with the Frog I can see using with my female mule. 3nodding  

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100

Bunai

Angelic Blob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:44 pm
Added Poll and Review.

Man.. these hints are just... not very "hinty".  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:23 pm
It's a broad spectrum hint xd They've both got at least something to do with nature. They're just not very specific.

I agree. Chest plume is kinda weird. If it layers under coats, you might be able to make it look like a shirt.  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:03 pm
I wasn't too impressed with the Plume. It seems a bit lacking in the pose department. The colors are rather nice but it is a shade of blue that I don't have a lot to match. I think this a MC I will pick up later.

I really like Frog. It is super cute and I love all the clothing that comes with it.  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games