Funny?
  Hilarious!
  Pretty good.
  Meh, not really.
  No, this is stupid.
View Results

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:07 am
A few years ago I wouldn't have dared post this here. But now I think most of the crazy fangirls are gone, and those of us that are left can take criticism of the books without going ballistic.

He basically makes fun of Twilight, with a lot of the same criticisms we ourselves have discussed. It's funny. Check it out:

http://theoatmeal.com/story/twilight

A couple warnings:
-There is some strong language, so don't read it if you're overly sensitive to that kind of thing. Or if you're too young to have a Gaia account and do anyway.
-Don't read it if you can't take anyone making fun of Twilight.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:54 am
personally I loved that he couldn't remember Bella's name and decided to call her Pants. LMAO.
I thought it was amusing.. to be honest, the whole Twilight series lost it's wow factor to me.. I mean I'm currently just enjoying the movies.
The books are buried in a box with the rest of my books now.  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:36 pm
Lol yeah. I love that he calls her Pants. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:50 pm
I'm about to look at it. I'll collect the shirts and stuff and go see the movie but I wore myself out on the books when I was in the obsessed stage sadly. I've read Twilight thru Eclipse three times and BD twice. After finishing Eclipse a third time I couldn't take BD as well I was sick and tired of them.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:58 pm
... so that is where the whole Pants thing came from...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:43 pm
I think it's quite amusing. after all, I'm not really a fan of the movies (especially twilight, New Moon was okay) but I still enjoy the books. But he's right. Bella's character might as well be called "Pants the empty shell" cause she really is. she's so unrealistic and flat that its completely mental. Being akward and clumsy don't make her realistic.

Still I think the reason I like series is the comlexity of relationships (of family's or in other cases 'pack') and the back grounds of characters that (are sadly enough) secondary characters. Jaspers in particular interests me.

But on the fan girl note. I think it's insane that people spend all this money just cause it says edward, jacob, or a book title on it. Its insane. I don't own anything but the books and twilight the movie and thats just to make fun of Kristen stuwart's horrendus acting skills.lol. You won't find twilight glitter or a team jacob t-shirt anywhere near my closet. lol  

Aradia Helevorn

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:49 pm
Aradia Helevorn
I think it's quite amusing. after all, I'm not really a fan of the movies (especially twilight, New Moon was okay) but I still enjoy the books. But he's right. Bella's character might as well be called "Pants the empty shell" cause she really is. she's so unrealistic and flat that its completely mental. Being akward and clumsy don't make her realistic.

Still I think the reason I like series is the comlexity of relationships (of family's or in other cases 'pack') and the back grounds of characters that (are sadly enough) secondary characters. Jaspers in particular interests me.

But on the fan girl note. I think it's insane that people spend all this money just cause it says edward, jacob, or a book title on it. Its insane. I don't own anything but the books and twilight the movie and thats just to make fun of Kristen stuwart's horrendus acting skills.lol. You won't find twilight glitter or a team jacob t-shirt anywhere near my closet. lol

Ya know I could probably get a lot of money on Ebay for my shirts and other Twilight Saga gear. I have Alice's Choker, Collector cups with Bell Edward and Jacob, then one of Edward, and one of Bella, and one of Jacob. I also won an Edward water bottle at the midnight release of New Moon on DVD.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games